DEPARTMENT: Health Informatics
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Manager, Programs and Services
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (Union)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
PAY RATE: $27 per hour
START DATE: Immediately
END DATE: August 5, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
The Bridge2Work programs embeds elements of training, including (where applicable) sector specific language workshops/programs, sector-based workshops, and soft skills workshops with employment supports including employment preparation, counselling, mentoring, and paid job placements.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The purpose of this Bridge2Work program is to support Internationally Trained Professionals (ITPs) in their path to employment in their profession or related to their profession. This program assists ITPs with a background in but not limited to engineering, IT, architect, construction trades, accounting, health care, etc. Delivery will include sector-specific information, referrals, skills assessments, career action plans, individual/group employment counselling, workshops related to workplace inclusion, mentoring, job search, job retention, job placement, and employer and employment supports.
The incumbent will work with Bridge2Work Programs and Employment Ontario teams
- Network with community agencies and perform community outreach visits to promote and raise profile of Skills for Change and to promote Bridge2Work programs
- Provide clients with information sessions on Skills for Change programs as well as all relevant resources and services available in the community
- Conduct information sessions and Common assessment intakes, provide one on one counselling support and guidance as well as develop client career action plans
- Research and keep updated on labor market information related to the professions in the Bridge2Work programs
- Support clients with specialized needs and assist them to navigate their career transitions and address their barriers in achieving their career goals
- Develop client employment action plans, including job search preparation, understanding the labour market demands, managing their expectations, supporting their job search activities, assisting them to match resumes with job postings and prepare them for interviews, monitor their work placements, and support their job readiness and retention once employed.
- Conduct client referrals to appropriate wrap-around supports/services to address their needs
- Facilitate workplace preparation and essential skills workshops that include career planning, employer expectations, workplace empowerment and advancement, and gender-sensitive training at Skills for Change sites and in the community
- Develop, implement and revise as necessary an effective marketing strategy to build employer contacts as well as a strategy for marketing the Employment and Training Incentives for Employers
- Market clients to potential employers and help clients find paid work placements
- Assist employers in developing on-the-job training plans and monitoring of placements
- Conduct site visits assessing the appropriateness of the workplace and the capacity of the employer to provide a positive experience and work-related training
- Liaise with partners to develop and support clients through the training and placement
- Coordinate mentorship networking and individual mentoring sessions between clients and alumni and/or volunteers
- Work with the partners and teams to develop and support job retention strategies both from an employer and client perspective
- Maintain client case management files, update client information on Funders’ and Agency required databases (EOIS-CaMS, Salesforce, iCARE) and track and produce all statistical reports as required by the program, including preparing client testimonials and success stories
- Follow up with clients at regular intervals as mandated or required by the program
- Participate and assist in the organization, marketing, and promotion of various events such as employer engagement, mentoring, networking sessions, special events etc.
- Conduct outreach in the community to promote Skills for Change programs and services
- Work as part of the agency, EO and Bridge2Work Specialists teams to ensure smooth delivery and coordination of services to clients ¤ Provide staff backup support as required within teams, EO and agency locations
- Maintain positive professional relationships and communication links with public and other relevant community resources
- Participate in the agency distribution, collection, and analysis of participant surveys and other evaluation and tracking procedures ¤ Evaluate the effectiveness of service delivery and present solutions to enhance services on an ongoing basis ¤ Execute other duties and tasks as required by the Supervisor
- Participate in all meetings and Agency events as required
- Post-Secondary degree in social work or other related field is required
- Credentials as a Social Worker, Community (Support) Worker, or Career Counsellor considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing wrap-around supports, job coaching and counselling for women, youth, newcomers and immigrants, and individuals in receipt of social assistance required
- Experienced recruiting and developing relationships with employers to establish placement and employment opportunities ¤ Knowledge and understanding of Adult learning principles ¤ Experience delivering classroom and on-line training
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with labour market information and licensing requirements for ITPs in various professions
- Knowledge of community resources that can support women, youth, newcomers and immigrants, and individuals in receipt of social assistance, in order to provide the necessary guidance and referrals
- Sensitivity to, and understanding of, issues and barriers to employment faced by women, newcomers, immigrants, youth and other disadvantaged groups
- Excellent employment counselling and facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent teamwork and positive attitude towards change
- Strong Problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office, ability to deliver PowerPoint presentations
- Knowledge of Salesforce, EOIS-CaMS and iCARE is an asset
- Ability to secure a Police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment.
- Position requires travel; access to a vehicle is an asset
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.