With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province-wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Jane Finch Bridging Education to Employment (JFBEE) Youth Collective Impact (CI) group is seeking a Youth Community Liaison Fellow to support the smooth launch of the project.
The Jane Finch Bridging Education to Employment (JFBEE) Youth Collective Impact (CI) group is seeking an independent contractor to lead a cross-sectional team of stakeholders from government agencies, nonprofit organizations, school boards, faith-based organizations, philanthropy, business, advocates and advocacy groups to develop, execute and plan for launching a sustainable Collective Impact project. JFBEE is a Youth CI project focused on capacity-building to encourage youth and agencies to work together, thus implementing a participatory approach to addressing the challenges youth face and collectively establishing relevant programs and services. Jane/Finch youth are not meaningfully and sustainably engaged in a way that provides sufficient voice, representation and influence on agencies and networks seeking to improve educational outcomes and economic opportunities. Lack of opportunities and training in youth leadership within agencies amplifies disengagement. Our collective initiative aims to connect and empower youth to influence service providers in the Jane-Finch community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the planning and coordination of meetings for the Collective Impact Partners, Youth
Advisory Council, and Work Groups, including taking minutes/notes, scheduling meetings, distributing
• Assists with research and other activities to support the project strategies and actions
• Facilitate smooth and consistent communication among all members of the initiative by assisting with
distribution of regular updates (email, phone and/or in person) to ensure alignment of activity
• Work with communications staff, consultants to implement communications plan as required/requested
• Assist in the development of materials (print, web-based, and social media) to communicate about the
initiative with a variety of stakeholders
• Support implementation of stakeholder engagement and maintain a list of participants/community
partners; building and maintaining relationships with community partners
• Maintain the data collection, analysis and reporting as well as distribution of the findings to the
collective impact partners
• Support the CI’s Partners with the evaluation of CI work
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of the Jane-Finch Community
• A minimum of 1-2 years of demonstrated experience in community-based work and engagement,
and/or lived experience within the Jane-Finch Community
• Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
• Customer/client service oriented, problem-solving attitude, along with strong interpersonal and
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Organizational skills, with high attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and Google Docs.
• Flexibility and willingness to try new approaches
Contract: Part-time 21 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
for the duration of 15 weeks.
• $20 per/hour
• Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline: October 15, 2021