PROGRAM: Strasity Inc.
COMPANY: Skills for Change – Strasity Inc.
LOCATION: 10 Gateway Blvd. Unit 105, Toronto, ON M3C 3A1
REPORTS TO: Director, Consulting
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 14.25
START DATE: October 18, 2021
END DATE: December 10, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 12, 2021
About Stratsity: Strasity is an HR consultancy that partners with multiple organizations from various sectors and industries to assist them build and enhance their company through transforming workplace culture through strategic organizational design. Strasity is looking for those to join our mission of creating a workplace of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity for everyone.
About Skills for Change (host): With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
About the role: As a RFP (Requests for Proposal) Writer, you will assist in taking the reins on our RFP process. You will be responsible for managing and responding to new and current RFPs. You will work closely with our Director of Operations and Director of Consultation to develop strong and tailored RFPs to drive opportunities for new business. If you are tenacious, motivated, and a self-driven go-getter, then you will be a strong player in this role.
What you will do:
- Managing and responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) from prospective clients.
- Prospecting relevant opportunities, reviewing RFP documents, analyzing the requirements, conducting research as needed and documenting information for the RFP in a concise and accurate manner.
- Work closely with our Director of Operations, and other team members in receiving information and responding to the RFPs.
- Contribute to writing strategies coupled with messaging strategies to drive opportunities for new business.
- Understand and present the organization’s values and services offerings to target specific customer needs.
- Be a key point of contact for all RFP related topics and conversations.
- Maintain an organized digital documentation system for all RFP related files.
- Educate on prospective clients through appropriate research during the RFP process.
- Qualify prospective RFP opportunities through reading and analyzing requirements.
- Conduct high-level conversations regarding Strasity’s services stakeholders.
What makes you stand out:
- Previous RFP writing experience
- Have strong written communication skills and prior experience writing professional documentation.
- Understand how to gather requirements and create proposals that address the needs of the prospect.
- Impeccable communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation,
- You’re a highly motivated, driven, self-starting individual who knows how to hit the ground running.
- You work well in a flexible environment where you are provided various learning opportunities.
- You are both a strong team player who work well with others and also excel in independent work.
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.