CWB Welding Qualification Ticket under CSA W47.1 standard for the GMAW, FCAW/MCAW processes upon successful completion and passing all testing requirements.
Skills learned in this course could lead to work, with additional training, within the automotive, transport and or pipe industry. Once employed there may be opportunities for promotion to welding supervisor or aligned trades such as welding inspection.
· Prior practical knowledge of basic tools
· Working knowledge of an assembly work environment
· Aptitude for working with their hands
· Individuals who have worked in an industrial setting (automotive, factory, assembly, etc.),
· Individuals with proven experience using air or electrical driven hand and power tools,
· Individuals from other trades such as plumbing, electrical and carpentry, and have basic knowledge of overall construction principles,
use of tools and are interested in a change to their career field
· Individuals who have a strong interest in welding and have acquired some related knowledge through self-study and or hobby activities.
· Must be able to commit to the 12 weeks in class and shop training delivered in English,
· Must be able to take exams in English
– Must be able to commit to 13 weeks
July 28, 10 AM – 11:30 AM or 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM – RSVP
Program Start Date: October 2020
Please contact your caseworker to confirm your eligibility for the program.