DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement & Program Marketing
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Manager, Partnerships Development, Program Design, & Employer Engagement
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (Management)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
START DATE: Immediately
END DATE: March 31, 2022
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province-wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Supervisor of Programs Design and Community Development will lead engagement, fundraising, and stewardship activities related to community-level giving. This role will be key in developing community partnerships, engaging them in our cause, soliciting donations, and reporting back the impact of their gifts. The role entails idea generation, building cost and staffing models, creating and maintaining core foundational materials for use in partnership and community development and proposal writing. The Supervisor, Programs Design and Community Development may also take on key time-bound projects to support Skills for Change across work streams in collaboration with the CEO or to support other Program Managers/Directors leading incubation efforts.
The ideal candidate has:
- Deep knowledge of the non-profit funding environment – its current challenges, opportunities and trends – in Ontario and across Canada.
- Expertise spanning the range of funding competition models, from the well-established to the emerging and innovative.
- Proven experience in building community partnerships and stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in managing multiple projects, expanding programs and enhancing the quality of existing programs.
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills (public speaking, presentation, proposal, letter and report writing)
- Experience in identifying, developing and managing innovative partnerships, strategic alliances and relationships both in the private and public sectors.
- Ability to work effectively with others at varying levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions including experience with maintaining confidentiality as needed
- Successful history of designing all aspects of funding competitions to meet program-specific as well as organizational goals.
- In-depth computer skills in Google and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Establish partnerships and collaborate with Community Agencies, Chambers of Commerce, local labor unions, employer associations, BIA’s, and other employer-driven groups to leverage resources and strengthen the SfC’s presence and programs
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of all assigned staff, from scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, to ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and the delivery of effective case management, employment and development initiatives.
- Document service levels, including developing reporting frameworks and administrative processes, develop, administer and monitor assigned budgets, and control expenditures
- In collaboration with Program Design Team and Manager in lead the design of new program models through concept papers and proposals that draw from the Skills for Change approach, research and best practice to meet strategy goals and the needs of partners and community
- Develop related budget models and staffing plans that meet the needs of new programs with an eye towards sustainability.
- Promotes relationships with community partners (agencies and organizations) to identify business development opportunities.
- Plan and implement initiatives expanding/supporting the Agency’s community visibility.
- Conduct prospect research, develop proposals, write grants or other forms of solicitation to raise funds for new programs
- With the support of the Manager, Program Design, develop related budget models and staffing plans that meet the needs of new programs with an eye towards sustainability in collaboration with leadership team with guidance from the Strategy & Operations plan
- Oversee the hiring, orientation, probationary and annual performance evaluations, supervision and discipline of staff members
- Continually work at building and maintaining a strong team and ensure smooth communication amongst all the team members
- Ensure that staff remains motivated and engage in ongoing learning and skills enhancement to better serve the needs of clients
- Perform research into new opportunities and partners, conduct landscape analyses and collaborate with key internal and external experts necessary to inform program design
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from program managers and finance.
- Ensure successful project design and implementation planning for new partnerships, with an eye towards ensuring a process of broad input and collaborative decision-making
- Write or support the creation of materials highlighting projects for internal and external audiences (may include PowerPoint presentations, short articles, fact sheets, white papers
- Manage full cycle of performance management including developing and setting goals, coaching for performance and conduct performance appraisal for direct reports
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least five (5) years of experience working in non-profit, philanthropy or in government in a similar role is required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. Master’s degree is considered an asset.
- A clear vulnerable sector check is required
WORK WITH US AND ENJOY:
- 100% employer paid comprehensive health, dental & wellness benefits
- Generous paid sick days and attractive vacation package
- Employer matched RRSP contributions
- Professional development workshops, training & development opportunities
- Company wide wellness initiatives, staff awards and retreats.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.