DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair West, Toronto, Ontario M6C 1B7
REPORTS TO: Director of Employer Engagement and Program Marketing
JOB GROUP: Management (Non-Unionized)
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
START DATE: April 1, 2021
END DATE: March 31, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 5, 2021
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Employer Engagement & Program Marketing team at Skills for Change builds oversees employer partnerships to support the Agency’s clientele, as well as are responsible for providing logistical, creative, and administrative support on marketing initiatives. The successful candidate must have proven leadership capabilities, excellent organizational, operational, and relationship-management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands. As well, the candidate must be comfortable interacting and working collaboratively with management and staff. The candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends, when required.
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Proven experience and expertise in graphic design, social media, email and online marketing.
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoys working as a team.
- Innovative and creative thinking competencies to generate maximum exposure for SfC
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Experience developing, and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial management and reporting.
- Experience in program design, writing funding proposals and policy development.
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to communicate in cross-cultural environments.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Identify and source partnership opportunities and lead a team to develop outreach tactics including follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and client visits.
- Research partners, identify key players and generate interest in Skills for Change’s employment programs to recruit qualified candidates.
- Manage and document government funding contributions to training, including: issuing payments to employers’ validation of employer payments to training providers; and recovery of training funds refunded by training providers due to cancellation, and early termination
- Conduct monitoring and follow-up with employers and individuals who have received a Canada-Ontario Job Grant for skills training, and where applicable, have participated in a job placement
- Make contacts with other service delivery partners to transfer applications that cannot be fulfilled due to funding to providers with adequate COJG funding
- Work closely with service delivery partners to find COJG applications that exceed current funding develop effective, collaborative system of sharing employer contacts and building overall capacity of employer relationships
- Provide prompt and accurate reimbursement to employers, according to the terms and conditions of training agreements
- Ensure that records and information are used for ongoing evaluation of services to clients and employers.
- Create a digital marketing strategy to engage employers in Skills for Change’s programs and clients for the purpose of recruitment and mentorship.
- Develop Lead a team to develop brochures, website pages and collateral to market SfC’s programs, events and services to employers.
- Work with Manager, Employer Engagement to review all signed MOUs and proposals and develop marketing and branding strategies based on employer MOU/proposal requirements and needs.
- Protect the SfC brand in the creation of institutional marketing pieces. This includes, but not limited to employer engagement materials, program marketing collateral, and event marketing tools.
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Associate Manager Director
- Develop and implement social media platforms that speak to social services work platforms to include twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Flickr, etc. Cross-pollinate said platforms with program outreach, program events, engaged employers, engaged non-profit community partners with SfC’s branding messaging.
- Responsible for comprehensive reporting tied to online conversions, lead generation and consumer web traffic.
- Prepare grant applications, proposals, correspondences and other documents for new and existing funders
- Assist in preparing budget for grant applications.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates both paid and volunteer staff
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, discipline, support, develop, promote and guide employees.
- Coordinate and update SfC websites and social media pages as appropriate
- Manage, create and coordinate email newsletter/announcements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field is mandatory.
- At least 2 years experience in a direct supervisory role required.
- A clear vulnerable sector check is required.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.