POSITION TITLE: Supervisor, Employer Engagement & Partnerships
DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employer Engagement & Partnerships, and Program
JOB GROUP: Marketing Management (Non-Unionized)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Contract to March 31, 2023
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday)
START DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 15, 2022
With 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering
programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs
including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth.
We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
Skills for Change believes the future of Employer Engagement requires a deep understanding of the talent acquisition needs of
employers and labour market trends. We are looking for a leader to create systematic, process-driven approaches to partner outreach
and relationship management for the organization, bridging employers’ access to SfC’s skilled immigrant talent pool. We are looking for
someone with experience in the social impact sector who can help us transform our work, grow our team and move from
a transactional approach of employer engagement to a relational one with our employer partners. We are looking for someone
with a collaborative spirit who can work with the senior leadership team to align internal goals with new and existing partner relationships.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
• Believes in the power of social programs to help people build a better life.
• A passion for advocating immigrant talent and their access to economic prosperity.
• Flexible, responsive, and open to new ways of thinking and problem-solving and a willingness to learn.
• Believes that collaboration is the name of the game to get things done.
• Has the drive to lead teams to build meaningful stakeholder partnerships.
• The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoys working as a team.
• Innovative and creative thinking competencies to generate maximum exposure for SfC’s employment programs
• Experience developing and managing budgets with knowledge and understanding of financial management and reporting.
• People management experience, hiring, training, developing and managing performance.
• Experience in program design, writing funding proposals and policy development.
• Proven negotiation skills and ability to communicate in cross-cultural environments.
Employer Engagement and Corporate Partnerships
• Develop and successful delivery of a stakeholder engagement strategy.
• Develop and lead initiatives to build and strengthen employer partnerships across various industries, with a particular emphasis
on cultivating relationships and creating talent pipelines with corporate partners to support our program delivery.
• Cultivate and manage relationships with employers and networks to develop employment, funding and other opportunities for
partnership, in support of employment programs and to secure and mobilize employer champions.
• Leads the monitoring and assessment of employer attitudes and stakeholder concerns in order to develop and implement
proactive protocols to enhance collaborative relationships with proponents and stakeholders.
• Develops recommendations for implementation to strengthen existing strategies related to engagement with stakeholders.
• Convert employer leads into long term partnerships, focused on creating talent pipelines and collaborative initiatives.
• Assist in the development and maintain tracking information and reporting of employer engagement efforts.
• Lead a team to coordinate events including partner forums, recognition events, employer networking etc.
• Stay abreast of market-demand trends, changes in various sectors/industries, and aggregate and share information relevant to
inform in-demand skills and education training.
• Identify and disseminate scalable ways to deliver programming for training and career-related development and services and
serve as a connector and accelerant of programming through employer connections.
• Identify, target, and initiate population-relevant employer relationships.
• Develop and strengthen ties between our Employer Engagement strategy and the full array of current Skills for Change programs
• Provide leadership and guidance to staff on engaging employers and the financial support programs delivered by SfC.
• Supervisor a team, including coaching, training, mentoring, and development
• Recruit, train, support, develop, promote, guide and manage employee performance.
Program Design & Grant Writing
• Prepare grant applications, proposals, correspondences and other documents for new and existing funders
• Assist in preparing budget for grant applications
• Engage employer partners for support in developing grant applications
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field is mandatory. Master’s degree considered an
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a leadership position in the corporate, nonprofit or private sector and within one of
the following functions: marketing, sales, job development, recruitment, employer engagement
• Strong understanding of Employment Ontario program, with expertise in development employer partners.
• Experience in identifying, developing and managing innovative partnerships, strategic alliances and relationships both in the
private and public sectors such as university, industry, nonprofit etc
• A clear vulnerable sector check is required.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Attention: Human Resources
As part of our commitment to diverse & inclusion racial justice and reconciliation, Skills for Change encourages applications from those who identify as Black, Indigenous, LGBTQS+, Racialized and other under-represented communities. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in an alternate format on request. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.