JOB CLASSIFICATION: Social Service Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs)
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Employer Engagement and Partnerships
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 15.50
START DATE: May 22, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 10th, 2023
With over 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, mental health and wellness, language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
Skills for Change is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Social Service Assistant to join our team for a 8-week period starting on May 22nd, 2023. The successful candidate will work closely with the Employer Engagement team to provide support for the coordination and implementation of job and career fairs, information sessions, employer information sessions, tables, and panels, and networking events and other events geared towards connecting clients from SfC employment programs with potential employers;
- Handle administrative task or employer incentive payments, COJG, and other incentive documentation;
- Assist with the research of prospective employers for Employer Engagement initiatives;
- Ensure that documentation relating to events is maintained in an orderly and efficient manner;
- Attend regular meetings with other members of the Employer Engagement team;
- Ensure that all documentation is complete and uploaded onto Google Drive, Salesforce, CaMs or other database and software tools;
- Assist in the development, design and formatting of marketing, promotional and publicity materials for marketing of events and job ready clients to potential employers;
- Liaise with the employment services team in all employment related programs to identify job ready clients and mark them to potential employers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking direction from management and contributing ideas and solutions;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion;
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Completed or in pursuit of post-secondary education in journalism, communications or relevant subject area and experience, as well as highly developed communication skills, drafting skills and familiarity with a range of media tools.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and
fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees)
to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.