COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West Toronto
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Labour Market Analysis and Employer Engagement
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 14-28 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours
With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
The Marketing team at Skills for Change are responsible for providing logistical, creative and administrative support for client and internal events, program events and social media initiatives. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, operational, and customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in creating dynamic content that enhance client engagement on Social media platforms
- Assist in creating various promotional videos for programs, events and the Agency as a whole for social media platforms including (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Monitor social media platforms including (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Work with the Manager on new, innovative opportunities to grow existing social media channels and expand into new channels to drive incremental growth.
- Keep abreast of current social media trends and present new ideas for exploration
- Supports the operation of SfC’s social media accounts following the Manager’s direction while assisting in ensuring all content is relevant for the different platforms especially Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Provide support in preparing websites content including blog post, and webpages and supports the website day to day maintenance
- Participate in all meetings and Agency events as required
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree or college diploma (or equivalent) in media studies, communication, advertising or other related field required
- Experience developing and managing interactive online content, content writing for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn), and use of social for marketing
- Ability to use Adobe Suite including Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in social media management and marketing strategies
- Excellent communication, time management skills
- High levels of curiosity and the desire to take initiative to learn new things
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher & Word
- Demonstrate knowledge in social networking, social analytics tools and online marketing channels
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic employment setting
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and client service skills
- Exceptional planning and coordination skills to organize own workload, and to perform tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability to secure a police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.