PROGRAM: Strasity Inc.
COMPANY: Skills for Change – Strasity Inc.
LOCATION: 10 Gateway Blvd. Unit 105, Toronto, ON M3C 3A1
REPORTS TO: Director, Consulting
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 14.25
START DATE: June 14, 2021
END DATE: August 10, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 30, 2021
About Stratsity: Strasity is an HR consultancy that partners with multiple organizations from various sectors and industries to assist them build and enhance their company through transforming workplace culture through strategic organizational design. Strasity is looking for those to join our mission of creating a workplace of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity for everyone.
About Skills for Change (host): With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
About the role: This person will become an SME in social media trends to support the organization’s brand. As the Social Media and Communications Specialist, they will understand and present the organization’s values and services offerings to our target audience. They will be a key point of contact for all social media related topics and conversations.
What you will do:
- Assist in creating content for social media platforms.
- Manage and create a social media strategy for platforms including the company website, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
- Lead the brainstorming, producing and editing written and visual content through blogs, videos and images for all social media sites.
- Monitoring social media posts, generating analytics and creating reports.
- Overseeing and enhancing the content calendar as needed.
- Main point of contact for social customer service and inquiries.
- Work closely with our Director of Operations, and other team members in receiving information and creating content.
- Maintain an organize digital documentation system for all social media related files.
- Be educated on target audience through appropriate research during the social media strategy process.
What makes you stand out:
- Prior experience managing corporate social media accounts and presence.
- Experience using LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
- Built written and visual content for social media.
- You’ve worked on building social media schedules and calendars.
- Impeccable communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation,
- You’re a highly motivated, driven, self-starting individual who knows how to hit the ground running.
- You work well in a flexible environment where you are provided various learning opportunities.
- You are both a strong team player who work well with others and also excel in independent work.
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.