No experience with technology? No problem!
Skills for Change is offering a technology training program, Tackling Technology Together: Enhancing Technology Use and Mental Wellness for Seniors, to help older adults in the Halton region enhance their proficiency with technology and mental wellness, thanks to support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
This program has the dual purpose of providing technology training and supporting well-being, with activities designed to teach technology fundamentals, enhance mental health and foster feelings of belonging.
- Familiarize yourself with the settings of your device and become an Internet expert by gaining hands-on experience with web-based applications
- Recognize Internet scams, prevent computer viruses and protect your online identity
- Utilize apps that will help you connect with others, enhance the practicality of your everyday life and make your device more accessible
- Connect with others in a safe and welcoming environment by engaging in weekly social and wellness activities
- Strengthen your leadership skills by helping other seniors use technology
- Receive hands-on technology training with each session and 1-on-1 support with weekly drop-in hours
We are currently recruiting retirement homes in the Halton region for this program. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 289-400-2078, ext 121.