Looking for a leadership opportunity to enhance your teaching, communication and interpersonal skills? Skills for Change is looking for ambitious and sociable volunteers to help run virtual technology training workshops for seniors in the Hamilton and Halton regions.
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist remotely with two seniors programs:
(1) The ‘Bridging the Gap: Reducing Isolation Through Training and Support’ Program for seniors in the Dundas region
(2) The ‘Tackling Technology Together: Enhancing Technology Use and Mental Wellness for Seniors’ Program for seniors in the Halton region
Both programs emphasize providing beginner-level technology training and mental health support to seniors, but are based in different regions (Dundas and Halton).
- All volunteers will be required to submit their resume and provided the contact information of two professional or academic references
- Interest in working with older adults and an enthusiastic attitude are valued
- Proficiency with technology is considered an asset
Volunteers would be required to attend virtual workshops for at least once a week for two months to help with the following activities:
- Teaching seniors to use technology in both group and 1-on-1 settings
- Leading workshops to help seniors understand more about technology use, online safety, internet applications and device accessibility
- Providing individualized assistance and troubleshooting technology-related challenges
- Implementing social activities designed to enhance well-being and promote feelings of belonging
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all of our seniors workshops will be hosted entirely online using the communication platform Zoom.
Volunteering for Skills for Changes’ Seniors Programs will give you the opportunity to:
- Strengthen your teaching, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Build your experience working with seniors
- Enhance your understanding of the needs and risks pertaining to older adults
- Improve your proficiency using technology
- Build your experience implementing activities related to mental health and wellness
Interested in volunteering with us?
Kindly fill-out the following form to register as a volunteer for our Seniors Programs here
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 289-400-2078 ext. 121