PROGRAM: Career Skills
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Manager, Programs and Services
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 15:00
START DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
With over 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
This is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program,
• Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Provide excellent customer service and represent the agency in a positive light to community members and partners;
- Support project development and maintenance;
- Assisting with researching various programs/ services for clients;
- Assist with scheduling clients and Service coordination- outreach, intake , and follow up;
- Assist in working collaboratively with Skills for Change in understanding their needs In designing the workshops and activities;
- Assist in gathering data and keeping all the documentation organized i.e. various forms used by the settlement 2 services;
- Assist with preparing flyers/ preparing outreach packages;
- Assist with preparing surveys and distributing packages and documents for various events and information sessions;
- Assist in planning various events planned by the settlement staff;
- Represent the agency at events, information booths and community events;
- Assist with registering clients for workshops/information sessions/networking/mentoring activities;
- Assist with the distribution, collection, collation and analysis of participant surveys and other evaluation methodology mid-way and at the completion of services;
- Support administrative needs (e.g. answering phones, responding to community inquiries, filing, photocopying etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic employment setting;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ethical, positive work attitude;
- Punctual, reliable;
- Ability to speak a language other than English and French is an asset;
- Strong grasp of working online, Gmail, Google docs, Excel, etc.
- Accurate, detail oriented.
- College diploma or university degree in Marketing, Project Management or Adult education, or equivalent work experience
- And/or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution;
- And/or relevant direct experience;
- Ability to secure a Police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.