PROGRAM/DEPARTMENT: Programs and Strategic Initiatives
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Programs and Strategic Initiatives
JOB GROUP: Management (Non-Unionized)
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
START DATE: April 1, 2021
END DATE: March 31, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 5, 2021
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Project Manager will work with colleagues on the identification of partnership and project opportunities, developing relationships with stakeholders to develop new projects and in the execution of current projects. The Project Manager will project manage diverse small to large scale short and long-term projects ranging from $1,000 to over $100,000 in funding. Projects could run for weeks to one year. The role includes all aspects of project management and staff leadership for projects across employment and other services including (but not limited to):
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Managed multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; familiarity and/or experience with project life cycle
- Demonstrated proficiency in Salesforce, Google Suite, Zoom and project management tools
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional projects and programs
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking and system thinking skills.
- Proven ability to communicate in cross-cultural environments with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding and experience of project management and program evaluation methodology.
- Expertise in partnership working and developing relationships with stakeholders
- Experience working in a project management or partnership development or relationship development
- Experience of managing external partners and contractors, and working in small project teams
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of current and emerging socioeconomic themes and to translate these into opportunities to design new project work.
- Experience of overseeing communications, PR activities and project related events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop comprehensive project plans, create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques and perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Track project performance and analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Design and deliver project plans, to develop practice work in a way that contributes to the SfC’s overall strategic objectives.
- Conduct Salesforce administration, generate reports, data management and utilize data to analyze and inform program and project delivery
- Assist in the preparation of new funding requests and other strategic planning initiatives – representing the employment services team with various stakeholders
- Identify and build relationships and with key prospective and project funding and activity partners
- Work closely with the program design leads to conceptualize, develop and prepare new program and or project ideas
- Develop appropriate design, evaluation and reporting tools for project work
- Independently write new proposals for new project opportunities
- Work with and co-ordinate team members to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specification
- Monitor and manage project budgets alerting Finance and the program management team of any discrepancies and providing regular reporting as directed
- Plan and schedule project timelines, track project deliverables using appropriate systems and tools and update direct manager
- Provide regular updates and reports on progress to program management team, CEO and in Board of Director reports
- Oversee project evaluations and assessment of results as directed and working with team colleagues and the program teams
- Identify areas of potential interest for future work and partnerships, and prospective partner organizations and stakeholders to support project launch
- Develop new business and community partners to support current and future projects
- Draft and oversee the production of communications pieces, including reports, presentations, video and social media output as required
- Where required, represent the SfC in practice-related presentations and events.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Computer Applications, or a related field is mandatory. A Masters is considered an asset.
- Certification or relevant certificate and training in project management required.
- At least 2 years-experience in a direct supervisory role required.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar capacity mandatory with at least one year in an immigrant serving, employment services organization or Non-Profit.
- A clear vulnerable sector check is required.
- Position requires travel, access to a motor vehicle would be an asset
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.