DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement and Program Marketing
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Director, Program Marketing & Employer Engagement
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract – Management (Non-Unionized)
HOURS: 35 hours per week
START DATE: Immediately
END DATE: March 31, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province-wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
Skills for Change is seeking a leader to guide program marketing and communications reporting to the Director Program Marketing & Employer Engagement. The Project Manager, Program Marketing & Communications, will deliver trusted advice and exceptional planning skills to deliver thoughtful and strategic internal and external communications, and program marketing that supports Skills for Change’s business objectives. The successful candidate will bring impeccable content development and writing skills, the ability to learn an Executive’s voice and a commitment to delivering excellent work while managing competing deadlines and rethinking the way we ‘talk’ to our staff and clients. In addition to internal / external communications, this role will guide the implementation of program marketing across the organization for employment solutions to bring job seekers and employers together, specifically helping SfC employment services clients and employers learn about our services to assist them in meeting their career goals and talent needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support executive leaders with communications expertise and advice
- Prepare news release templates, media advisories, event listings, key messages, backgrounders, briefing notes, articles, and other communication tools.
- Oversee SfC’s flagship Spotlight Series, planning including sourcing panelists, researching topics, preparing briefing documents/panelist questions and overseeing events execution.
- Articles on the range and impact of the SfC programs and services
- Impact stories about SfC clients and employer partners
- Stories highlighting SfC corporate relationships and mentors and their SfC journey and subsequent successes
- Executive communication pieces, blog and other written content including new programs or initiatives launched, significant program outcomes or fundings, or major
- Supplying information about Skills for Change’s activities, results and case studies to the public via local, regional and national media, or directly via digital channels, always tailoring communications to the audience group.
- Research new strategies to reach newcomer audiences in the region in the marketing of programs.
- Assess current search engine optimization and paid ad strategies and enhance with integrated branding approach.
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for all outreach activities, special events and program & events marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Manages required day-to-day tasks, including project tracker and timeline management, meeting coordination, legal and key stakeholder approvals, and maintaining centralized asset repository.
- Develops presentations, creative campaign overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal and external meetings
- Work with a solid level of independence on new or unfamiliar projects of moderate complexity and quick turnarounds
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Director
- Manages required day-to-day tasks, including project tracker and timeline management, meeting coordination, legal and key stakeholder approvals, and maintaining centralized asset repository Develops presentations, creative campaign overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal and external meetings Work with a solid level of independence on new or unfamiliar projects of moderate complexity and quick turnarounds
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Director
- Maintains close working relations with SfC’s management team to continuously understand program deliverables and results, informing the digital engagement on program successes.
- Work directly with the Director to design a comprehensive digital media strategy, including developing timelines and priorities for all SfC events, as well as those with employer focus.
- Take independent and creative responsibility for the Digital Media outreach with a concentration increasing client acquisition, brand awareness and partnership growth. Maximize program events, program outreach in the social media platforms.
- Develop and implement social media platforms that speak to social services work platforms to include twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Flickr, etc. Cross-pollinate said platforms with program outreach, program events, engaged employers, engaged nonprofit community partners with SfC’s branding messaging.
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship for workshops, employer engagement initiatives such as in-kind donations, financial support, space provision, employers participation in employer breakfast etc
- Modify and implement annual outreach plan
- Supervise marketing team members
- Attends relevant community meetings; participate in relevant councils, roundtables and committees
- Schedule and personally conduct monthly presentations at community partners
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Coordinate special events including employer breakfast, conferences, workshops, other signature events Assure all internal materials and collateral have been updated with new branding and key messaging
- Oversee all digital marketing including website, social media, email campaigns and other key resources
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Passion about the mission and vision of the organization.
- Strong desire and ability to work as a compassionate, action, and process oriented team player, role model and inspirational leader within the organization and as a representative of Skills for Change
- Applies anti-racist, anti-ableist, anti-black racism, anti-colonialism, anti-heterosexism and anti-cissexism lenses to social problems
- Proven track record in creating, executing, and measuring successful marketing programs for non-profit programs and services
- Highly effective strategic planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, communication, supervisory and management coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically the ability to effectively communicate with all organizational levels.
- Excellent presentation skills including expertise in advising, influencing, coaching and negotiating with organizational leaders.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects / deadlines gracefully, fostering teamwork amongst colleagues.
- Passionate about the evolving marketing and communications in nonprofit sector with a strong awareness and understanding of existing trends in numerous marketing and communications and digital media/social media platforms
- Exceptional eye for detail and great problem solving and decision-making skill
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand how various parts of the business interconnect, to make smart marketing decisions, achieve business goals and objectives
- Experience in applying best practices in communications (strategic planning and implementation, resource development, public and media relations, stakeholder engagement)
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytic and fact-based decision-making focus
- Self-Motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced global organization environment
- Ability to work flexible hour
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, or comparable education/experience required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in marketing/or corporate marketing and communications/public relations required.
- 5+ years and understanding of website/publishing in WordPress including technical backend, accessibility standards and protocols
- A clear vulnerable sector check is required
- Experience with CRM (i.e., Salesforce) & Marketing Automation preferred
WORK WITH US AND ENJOY:
- 100% employer paid comprehensive health, dental & wellness benefits
- Generous paid sick days and attractive vacation package
- Professional development workshops, training & development opportunities
- Company wide wellness initiatives, staff awards and retreats.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.