DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Programs and Services
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent (Union)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday)
START DATE: May 31, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 21, 2021
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The support and needs of newcomers is constantly changing. As Skills for Change continues to support newcomers and meet their evolving needs, it is imperative that we build upon innovative ways to serve them. The Program Marketing Specialist is able to establish meaningful and sustainable relationships with existing and new employers, corporations and cross-sector leaders who can provide our clients with opportunities to build their skills, knowledge and networks so that they can be successfully integrated into Canadian job market. The Program Marketing Specialist will focus designing events, marketing and building and maintaining key employer relationships to support our newly created Bridge2Work model. Bridge2Work are a series of workshops designed to provide job seekers with industry-specific technical and soft skills training, mentorship and employment opportunities to give them the right tools to be successful in their careers in Canada. Bridge2Work industries include (but not limited to) Accounting/Finance, Customer Service, Retail, Information Technology and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement an employer outreach strategy that is specific to various industries to support Bridge2Work model; conduct needs assessment of employers; Identify issues; set goals; create a list of relevant stakeholders; generate employment leads.
- Develop industry-specific employer-led events based on Bridge2Work workshops and labour market industry needs. Events include (but not limited to) recruitment/hiring fairs, employers for group mentoring and the working-in panel series where employers share valuable insights about their career field.
- Contribute to the comprehensive marketing and outreach plan to promote Bridge2Work employer events and job opportunities – including working on social media campaigns.
- Develop and maintain contacts with external agencies for purposes of referrals and networking and employers to facilitate employment opportunities; schedule meetings and presentations.
- Liaise with SfC Bridge2Work staff to identify and support industry-specific workshop development.
- Attend relevant community meetings; participate in relevant councils, roundtables and committees
- Measure and report on the performance of all outreach, marketing and assess impact
- Actively contribute to business planning and performance monitoring to support agreement and delivery of program/agency targets
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with different functional groups
- Maintain employer files, update employer information on Funders’ and Agency required databases (EOIS-CaMS and Salesforce)
- Participate in the evaluation of the program’s effectiveness and present solutions to enhance service effectiveness on an ongoing basis and as part of the larger agency service system
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and all other board and committee meetings as required
- Handle all other duties as assigned by Management
SKILLS, EDUCATION & ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing or communications
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in non-profit program marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with employers on recruitment.
- Strong presentation, verbal, visual and written communication skills with Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Salesforce and EOIS-CaMS is an asset
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and function independently
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Sensitivity to and understanding of barriers to newcomers
- Keen eye for detail and ability to multi-task
- Customer service oriented: Ability to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, working days, evenings, and weekends, and move between our various locations on a regular basis
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.