DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Employer Engagement & Program Marketing
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent (Union)
HOURS: 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 18.00
START DATE: Immediately
END DATE: March 31, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The support and needs of newcomers is constantly changing. Skills for Change is seeking a Program Marketing Assistant who will be responsible for assisting with communications, creative design and social media initiatives for our programs. Reporting to the Supervisor of Employer Engagement and Program Marketing, the incumbent will support the implementation of the organization’s digital marketing and communications strategy. The successful candidate will experience a fast-paced learning environment to develop engaging campaigns and strategies to outreach and drive web traffic to our employment events and programs. The candidate must be comfortable interacting and working collaboratively with management and volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to organizing employment-related events and producing digital content and materials including relevant employment related outreach products, including designing graphics, website pages, email blasts, promotional materials and event concepts.
- Support online and digital media activities and plans for Skills for Change’s Employment Ontario Programs and other services
- Create various promotional videos for employment programs, events and the Agency as a whole for social media platforms including (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Prepare websites content to attract clients to employment programs including blog posts, and webpages and supports the website day to day maintenance
- Generate ideas and present creative options for to elevate marketing materials for client engagement.
- Works with the Supervisor on new, innovative opportunities to grow existing channels and expand into new channels to drive incremental growth. Keep up with current web/technological trends and present new ideas for exploration
- Assist with a range of outreach communication materials showcasing Skills for Change’s impact
- Support online and digital media activities and plans, and report on analytics as needed
- Support the development of marketing for events, and provide on-site support on day of events
- Update and maintain database records
- Provide general administrative support and contribute to projects as assigned by Supervisor
- Excellent communication, time management skills
- Excellent media editing (photo, video & text) and presentation skills
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate creative ideas and approaches to events and fundraising campaigns
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High levels of curiosity and the desire to take initiative to learn new things
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher & Word
- Knowledge and experience with email marketing service such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, as well as other digital tools like Eventbrite, Salesforce and Hootsuite
- Proficiency with WordPress and web design/web development
- Proven working experience with content development for website, social media and press relations as well as effective and timely responding to social media comments
- Demonstrate knowledge in social networking, social analytics tools and online marketing channels
- Creative design experience developing marketing materials in Adobe Suite
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and client service skills
- Exceptional planning and coordination skills to organize own workload, and to perform tasks under minimal supervision
- University degree or college diploma (or equivalent) in digital media studies, communications, advertising or another related field required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Marketing, Graphic Design and 3+ years using Adobe Creative Suites and InDesign software required
- 1-2 years or more experience developing online content, content writing for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn), and use of social for marketing required.
- 1-2 years experience using Adobe Suite including Photoshop and InDesign required.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely, and a commitment to accuracy and detailed oriented quality work required
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written with proven experience in writing, with the ability and experience writing for website and blogs as well as copywriting for advertisement required.
- A commitment to Skills for Change’s work and mission of helping immigrants and refugees and interest in immigrant issues and services required.
ASSETS BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- 1-2 years experience in Website administration using WordPress
- 1-2 years or more years experience with email marketing service provider tools and reporting – Constant Contact, Eventbrite, Survey Monkey
- Experience working with newcomers, equity seeking communities;
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.