DEPARTMENT: Project Management Office
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: Halton and Hamilton Region
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent (Union)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 22.00
START DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 28, 2021
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
Reporting to the Project Manager in the newly created Project Design and Management Office, the Program Associate will support solutions for the myriad of programming related to Skills for Change client demographics. The Program Associate will establish partnership and collaborate with community partners, coordinate with volunteers, develop and facilitate training programs.
- Employ advanced training in, and knowledge of, issues related to seniors, to plan and deliver virtual programming and in person training in the future when it is safe to do so.
- Provide one-on-one and group technology trainings to increase safe access to, and usage of, technology.
- Actively participate in the effective promotion and accurate exchange of relevant information resources, including outreach and community events.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, community partners, seniors’ groups, agencies serving seniors, mental health agencies, and others.
- Assist in providing planning, coordination, and logistics support for project activities, including facilitating workshops, meetings, trainings, events and program facilitation.
- Provide intakes, assessments, planning, implementation, and evaluation of programming, project outcomes and adhere to policies of the agency and the funder.
- Collect and analyze data/enrollment statistics as required by the agency and relevant funders.
- Maintain project and participant records and statistics and is accountable for inputting data into
- Salesforce and other designated databases.
- Provide mentorship to volunteers and track volunteer interaction with seniors.
- Interact and participate in constructive, collaborative, and cooperative manner with participants, volunteers, stakeholders, and Skills for Change staff.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports with a high level of data integrity.
- Comply with privacy legislation and all relevant regulations and policies.
- Promote Skills for Change programs to engage potential clients and with community partners.
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with all Skills for Change programs.
- Assist with a range of outreach communication materials showcasing Skills for Change’s impact, program delivery including but not limited to impact stories, videos, blog posts, news articles, press releases, case studies, slide decks based on results achieved and impact generated, and Skills for Change’s research bank.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sensitivity to, and knowledge of struggles and risks relevant to older adults.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect of clients and provide non-judgmental support.
- Strong team player in fast-paced environments, used to organize, prioritize and support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collectively in a diverse and dynamic team environment.
- Strong all-round communication skills, and the ability to summarize complex information in clear, non-specialist language for a wide range of communication formats.
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills and strong orientation to project results and outcomes.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Professional manner, tact, and diplomacy in all internal and external communications.
- Strong understanding and proficiency with technology required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong expertise in using collaborative tools such as Zoom, Slack, G Suite.
- Experience with database management systems such as Salesforce.
- Required bachelor’s degree in Gerontology, Social work, or Social sciences.
- Required minimum 2 to 3 plus years of experience in project coordination, execution, monitoring and reporting in community development projects for seniors.
- Working with seniors and facilitating workshops with seniors is required.
- Proven experience in coordination with volunteers and community partners is helpful.
- Required experience in events planning for seniors’ program with volunteers, including facilitating seminars, events, and workshops.
- A clear, mandatory vulnerable sector check is required.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.