Skills for Change’s Minding Your Mental Health Women & Girls Symposium aims to raise awareness and break the stigma around mental health, and explore ways for girls and women of different backgrounds to reclaim power of their minds and bodies.
There will be a focus on gender-based violence (GBV) & we will talk about identifying signs and developing prevention strategies for women with intersectional identities. Topics include:
- Combating the Stigma of Mental Health
- Mental Health in Indigenous Communities
- Elder Abuse & Prevention Strategies
- Sexual Assault & the Law of Consent
- Internationally Trafficked Persons: Challenges & Possible Prevention & Solutions
- Safe and Healthy Relationships
The outline/schedule of the symposium will be shared with the registrants prior to the event.