PROGRAM: Employer Engagement and Program Marketing
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Director, Employer Engagement & Partnerships, and Program Marketing
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 14.25
START DATE: June 14, 2021
END DATE: August 10, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 30, 2021
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
- Contribute to organizing events and producing digital content and materials including relevant related outreach products, including designing graphics, website pages, email blasts, promotional materials and event concepts.
- Support online and digital media activities and plans for Skills for Change’s programs and services.
- Create various promotional videos for programs, events and the Agency as a whole for social media platforms including (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Support the development of marketing for events, and provide on-site support on day of events
- Support online and digital media activities and plans, and report on analytics as needed
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, social media, and blogs
- Design program specific promotional and marketing materials
- Generate ideas and present creative options to elevate marketing materials
ASSETS BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and experience with email marketing service such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, as well as other digital tools like Eventbrite, Salesforce and Hootsuite
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Completed or in pursuit of post-secondary education advertising, in communications, digital media, online social community engagement
- Strong knowledge of social media tools, online marketing channels
- The ability to write clearly and concisely, and a commitment to accuracy and detailed oriented quality work
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written with proven experience in writing, with the ability and experience writing for website and blogs as well as copywriting for advertisement
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands, and must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team and perform tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to adhere to project deadlines, prioritizing tasks accordingly
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.