PROGRAM: Employer Engagement and Program Marketing
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATIONS: 791 St. Clair West, Toronto, Ontario M6C 1B7
REPORTS TO: Associate Direct, Employer Engagement & Partnerships, and Program Marketing
JOB GROUP: Management
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract
HOURS: 35 hours per week
START DATE: Immediately
END DATE: March 31, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 8, 2020
The Manager of Programs Design and Partnership Development will coordinate the process of designing proposals and forging new partnerships. The role entails executing research to support idea development, building cost and staffing models, creating and maintaining core foundational materials for use in partnership development and proposal writing. Organizing an internal learning strategy that enables project teams successfully share and adopt best practices identified through project implementation. The Manager, Programs Design and Partnership Development may also take on key time-bound projects to support Skills for Change across work streams in collaboration with the CEO or to support other Program Managers/Directors leading incubation efforts.
The ideal candidate:
- Has deep knowledge of the nonprofit funding environment – its current challenges, opportunities and trends – in Ontario and across Canada.
- Possess expertise spanning the range of funding competition models, from the well-established to the emerging and innovative.
- Has an understanding of all elements of funding program design from conception to launch, including the critical role of partnership development.
- Has experience in managing multiple projects, expanding programs and enhancing the quality of existing programs.
- Establish partnerships and collaborate with Community Agencies, Chambers of Commerce, local labor unions, employer associations, BIA’s, and other employer-driven groups to leverage resources and strengthen the SfC’s presence and programs
- Devise and lead initiatives to increase partnership development across industries with a particular emphasis on cultivating relationships with Fortune 1000 organizations
- Cultivate and manage relationships with employers and networks to develop employment, funding and other opportunities for partnership in support of employment programs and to secure and mobilize employer champions
- Identify potential private sector employers in high growth sectors and develop and maintain a network of relationships with hiring authorities.
- Document the design of new program models through concept papers and proposals that draw from the Skills for Change approach, research and best practice to meet strategy goals and the needs of partners and community
- Develop related budget models and staffing plans that meet the needs of new programs with an eye towards sustainability in collaboration with leadership team with guidance from the Strategy & Operations plan
- Perform research into new opportunities and partners, conduct landscape analyses and collaborate with key internal and external experts necessary to inform program design
- Develop a knowledge base about similar innovation and design programs and research to support Skills for Change capacity to bring new impactful ideas to life
- Assess programming strengths and weaknesses and communicate noteworthy trends and initiatives to staff members, using these key insights to modify and iterate future programming
- Collaborate with the Employer Engagement team, conduct prospect research, develop proposals, write grants or other forms of solicitation to raise funds for new programs
- Play a key role in the analysis of new program and project opportunities identified by or proposed by external stakeholders
- Serve as the key project manager to ensure successful project design and implementation planning for new partnerships, with an eye towards ensuring a process of broad input and collaborative decision-making
- Develop a core set of materials and resources (e.g. stock language, sample budgets) that builds a strong foundation from which to quickly build new designs
- Write or support the creation of materials highlighting projects for internal and external audiences (may include PowerPoint presentations, short articles, fact sheets, white papers)
- Recommends modifications to existing programs to ensure an overall and coherent portfolio that reflects Skills for Change’s strategic plan, research trends and the Ontario environment
- Manage full cycle of performance management including developing and setting goals, coaching for performance and conduct performance appraisal for direct reports
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least five (5) years of experience working in non-profit, philanthropy or in government in a similar role is required
- Post-secondary degree in related field is required. Masters degree considered an asset.
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills (public speaking, presentation, proposal, letter and report writing)
- Experience in identifying, developing and managing innovative partnerships, strategic alliances and relationships both in the private and public sectors
- Experience leading and implementing strategic and operational plans and in developing corporate frameworks, policies, guidelines and/or standards for program and partnership development
- Ability to design and manage complex and multiple projects independently
- Demonstrated ability to design systems or processes to solve a problem in a consensus-oriented culture of decision-making
- Ability to work effectively with others at varying levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions including experience with maintaining confidentiality as needed
- Successful history of designing all aspects of funding competitions to meet program-specific as well as organizational goals.
- Possess in-depth computer skills in Google and Microsoft Office Suite
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.