PROGRAM: Employment Ontario
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 30 Weston Road, Toronto, ON M6N 0A7
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Programs and Services
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday)
START DATE: July 27, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 17, 2020
With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Programs and Services manages a portfolio of programs and identifies, investigates and assesses community needs, formulates creative strategies to address them through the development of significant projects, programs.
The ideal candidate has:
- A track record of taking initiative in managing competing organizational and departmental priorities and working effectively under pressure when facing extremely short deadlines
- The ability to work independently and to undertake supervisory responsibilities as needed
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems
- The ability to work effectively with others at varying levels of the organization and consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions including experience with maintaining confidentiality as needed
- Exceptional research, writing, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear, concise and logical manner
- Superior critical thinking skills, including the capacity to identify and appropriately assess and order competing interests and priorities.
- A proven ability to assimilate information gathered through research and consultations, apply that information in creative and cross-cutting ways, and to synthesize appropriate strategies and responses.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and ability to converse easily with prominent academics and significant leaders in the non-profit and philanthropic community. First rate verbal and written communication skills
- Manage all aspects of programs from staff leadership, funding relations, reporting, community relations, budgeting and business planning, and other duties required of the position
- Support the Assistant Director with developing a strategic plan for the Employment Ontario Employment Services Transformation
- Ensure organization is aware of all appropriate current and upcoming opportunities including transformation changes that affect program development strategies, and ensuring that SfC remains positioned to respond to appropriate opportunities that fit our mission and capabilities
- Work to design and implement new programs with new and existing partner communities and diverse funders
- Oversee the development and implementation of a comprehensive operational plan detailing goals, objectives and performance standards for programs
- Maintain CRM system for all professional contacts including funders, stakeholders, collaborators and outreach
- Oversee all aspects of contract management and complies with funder reporting requirements
- Oversee program budgets and directly manages budget lines as designated by the Associate Director
- Monitor deliverables of program teams and provides direction to team
- Work closely with other program managers to build best practices across teams
- Comply with agency reporting requirements for programs.
- Set program meeting schedules and requirements, relationships and reporting duties at the team level
- Seek new opportunities and develop programs in line with strategic direction
- Tender, according to tendering policies and guidelines, and manage related consulting contracts including delivery partners, program evaluations and audits, and contract staff
- Supervise funding partner deliverables, consultants and contractors
- Assist with the development of proposals to public and private funding organizations, based on emerging opportunities throughout each fiscal year and ensure the quality and content of proposals that are fully responsive to requirements
- Staying abreast of current and future programmatic directions and funding prospects of various funders and becoming familiar with research sources on the non-profit sector.
- Works collaboratively with the development and program management teams in generating new opportunities to build upon, broaden and diversify SfC’s funding base
- Establish linkages and provide senior leadership with relevant community partners to develop innovative ideas to meet current and evolving client needs
- Develop an overall strategy to publicize and develop community awareness of SfC
- Build relationships with individuals and organizations to facilitate awareness of and responses to community-based needs
- Participate in public meetings and events to develop and maintain organizational visibility
- Any other duties assigned by the Associate Director of Programs and Services
- Post-secondary degree in non-profit management, public/business administration, public relations or any other related field is required. Masters degree considered an asset.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience working in non-profit, philanthropy or in government in a similar role is required. (Graduate degree may be substituted for one or more years of experience).
- Minimum of three (3) years experience coordinating and delivering Employment Ontario programs
- Position requires travel; car is an asset
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a non-unionized position. This job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job without prior notice and at any time.