PROGRAM: Employment Ontario
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Programs and Services
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
JOB GROUP: Management (Non-Unionized)
START DATE: April 1, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2022
With 39 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
The Supervisor, Performance and Innovation contributes to continuous improvement by providing leadership to quality improvement processes including leading the development of EO Performance Indicators and program evaluation activities. The Supervisor leads a team of frontline staff to the highest data integrity of Skills for Change programming for Employment Services and related programs. The Supervisor ensures program delivery remains relevant and timely to respond to labour market conditions and client needs. The Supervisor will contribute to the development of policy and procedures for assigned programs, and ensure programs are aligned with funder standards and customer service requirements. The Supervisor will also establish and maintain file audit controls in order to meet business requirements. This position utilizes all applicable funder guidelines and risk assessments. This role has as strategic priority to support the Employment Ontario department’s transition through EO transformation.
The ideal candidate has:
- Superior critical thinking and data analysis skills, including the capacity to identify and appropriately assess and order competing interests and priorities.
- A proven ability to assimilate information gathered through research and consultations, apply that information in creative and cross-cutting ways, and to synthesize appropriate strategies and responses.
- A track record of taking initiative in managing competing organizational and departmental priorities and working effectively under pressure when facing extremely short deadlines
- Strong organizational and project management skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems
- Exceptional research, writing, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to convey and communicate complex concepts in a clear, concise, and logical manner
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated experience leading teams through change management
- The ability to work effectively with others at varying levels of the organization and consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions including experience with maintaining confidentiality as needed
- Through a strong data driven approach, works collaboratively with the Manager, Employment Ontario to a team of frontline staff across two sites to ensure program outcomes are on track, appropriate risk mitigation strategies are in place and proactive measures are taken to ensure program outcomes are strong
- Support a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and strong performance through regular check ins with staff and leadership on performance metrics, process improvements and data integrity
- Develops service accountability framework to implement quality improvement and provides a consistent approach to program delivery across multiple sites
- Creates measurement frameworks that can be used for impact evaluation of our programs, services, and activities.
- Service quality analysis to support outcomes and performance measurement for new transformation process
- Conducts quality audits in compliance with the organizational and legislated requirements
- Compiles, maintains, reports on the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual program outcomes statistics, suggests solutions to manage risk and works with staff and management to implement solutions
- Analyzes trends in programs performance outcomes against targets, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to Senior Manager and Director
- Leverages internal and external research & analysis to identify areas of opportunity and growth in programming development and delivery.
- Works with teams throughout the organization to help define and embed creative methods and tools for impact measurement into programs and activities.
- Analyzes, synthesizes, and produces key insights and reporting that can inform multiple audiences across the organization—from key leadership and staff to our wide network of supporters.
- Builds a data-rich culture across teams; influence key leadership and staff understanding of the importance of evidence-based decision making and of integrating measurement and evaluation into their activities.
- Supports the organization integrate goal setting and related data analysis into the annual planning process.
- Develops and delivers staff training on how to collect and use data including the use of dashboards and data visualizations to improve outcomes.
- Leads the training and onboarding of new staff onto systems such as CAMS, Salesforce, and other required performance and measurement systems
- Bring to light our successes, challenges, and goals, distilling complex data into compelling and actionable insights.
- Support the Director and Senior Manager, program/project leaders with program planning, budgeting, coordination, and completion of financial and administrative management tasks of program/projects, including pro-actively establishing deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress, informing team members, and analyzing budgets, as well as summarizing progress to leadership.
- Support the management and supervision of work plan implementation and operations, including performance measurement process (i.e., monitoring, reporting, evaluations and capturing of lessons) that measure and evaluate progress against goals and results.
- Coordinate the process of project concept and proposal development and implementation, including direct contribution to proposal preparation and identification of funding opportunities.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & ATTRIBUTES:
- Post-Secondary degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Project management, administrative experience and/or customer service experience
- Demonstrated people leadership and change management skills
- Demonstrated ability in developing spreadsheets and monitoring information
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of labour market trends and provincial licensing requirements
- Problem-solving and resourcefulness required to develop new ideas and methods
- Initiative, energy, and persistence in completing assignments
- Change Management experience is an asset
- Proficient in CAMS system application and reporting functions
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Word applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Internet use
- Knowledge of SalesForce and other information management software an asset
- Position requires travel; car is an asset
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.