Our free youth leadership program Lead On! was created to recognize that all newcomer youth* (16-29 years) should have the opportunity to develop their skills and experiences.
Participants who participate in Lead On! Program will
– Develop leadership qualities and skills
– Earn volunteer hours while having fun
– Discover personal strengths
– Learn speaking, speech writing, introduction, active listening, and critical thinking skills
– Conduct self-evaluations
– Prepare speeches and develop their interactive skills
– Learn strategies for how to take action
– Develop photography and storytelling skills
– Enhance planning and group discussion skills
– Develop an attitude for community service
– Go for fun trips around the city
– Meet peers and learn from each other
– Develop a personal portfolio that can be used in post-secondary and job search applications
We provide light snacks and TTC tokens too!
*Documentation Required (The program is available for Permanent Residents and Convention Refugees)
Free RSVP: https://lead-on-2019.eventbrite.ca.