Our free youth leadership program Lead On! was created to recognize that all newcomer youth* (16-29 years) should have the opportunity to develop their skills and experiences.
Next Session: April 16, 2019 – June 11, 2019 (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-6 pm).
Participants who participate in Lead On! Program will
- Develop leadership qualities and skills
- Earn volunteer hours while having fun
- Discover personal strengths
- Learn speaking, speech writing, introduction, active listening, and critical thinking skills
- Conduct self-evaluations
- Prepare speeches and develop their interactive skills
- Learn strategies for how to take action
- Develop photography and storytelling skills
- Enhance planning and group discussion skills
- Develop an attitude for community service
- Go for fun trips around the city
- Meet peers and learn from each other
- Develop a personal portfolio that can be used in post-secondary and job search applications
We provide light snacks and TTC tokens too!
*Documentation Required (The program is available for Permanent Residents and Convention Refugees)