CCW is an intensive five-week program that helps raise your English proficiency and assists you in finding work in your field.
If you are an internationally educated professional and find that your level of English proficiency is preventing you from holding a position that matches your experience or occupation, specific language training can help you to get to the next level.
Participants will benefit from:
- Enhance your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Increase knowledge in sector-specific terminology
- Work on English grammar and pronunciation
- Learn about Canadian communication and workplace culture
- Develop targeted resumes, cover letters and employment action plan
- Enhance cold calling, networking and interview skills
- Identify suitable job leads
- Connect with a mentor who can guide you in your job search process, help you build a network of professional contacts, and increase your communication proficiency in English
Who can benefit:
- Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee of Canada
- Internationally Educated Professional, CLB Level 6/7+ *
- Experience in the field; Engineering, Information Technology or Retail/Sales Management
* Language assessment must be completed by the YMCA assessment centre. If you meet the eligibility criteria for CCW, you are assessed at no charge. In Toronto, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) assessment centre is the YMCA. Once you have been assessed, you can access CCW and other CIC-funded language programs offered by Skills for Change and other community organizations.
For registration and further information:
Phone: 416-658-3101 ext. 206