Technical Product Manager (ConsenSys Solutions)
ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
ConsenSys Toronto is a Hub in the ConsenSys Mesh, right in the birth city of Ethereum. The Toronto Hub is growing quickly. We are a community that innovates using web3 technology on internal, community, and client projects. Our community extends from those who are already a part of the Mesh to those external to ConsenSys. Joining the Toronto team is an opportunity to participate in the growth of the Toronto Hub and ConsenSys through one of the many open roles we are looking to fill.
About the role:
As a Technical Product Manager you are the horsepower behind ConsenSys deployments. You are responsible for crafting, implementing, and executing processes to streamline workflows and reduce friction. You track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, and anticipate customer needs to free up our engineers to focus their time and attention on the technical problems they are best equipped to solve.
This position requires a combination of Product & Project Management, process optimization, and execution.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the delivery of complex software.
- Work on many different types of problems and challenges – you might be supporting a deployment at a large, global customer one day, and jetting off across the world to help out with a new pilot project the next.
- Be the first responders when things go wrong.
- Craft and implement process to reduce friction and enable all team members to spend their time on what they do best, while ensuring time to engage in cross pollination and community engagements
- Think creatively, work collaboratively, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
You will need to enjoy being hands on – this role isn’t for you if you’re someone who likes to manage by calls and powerpoint!
- Hands on PM experience in an agile delivery environment involving common devops and PM tools and methods – Scrum, Jira, Kanban, Github, Travis/Jenkins, AWS/Azure/Google cloud tools, Automated unit and acceptance testing tools etc.
- Passion for software quality and timely delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced, nimble technology environment
- Ability to organise, plan and set expectations proactively.
- Attention to detail – requirements, timelines, cost, people, decisions and actions.
Bonus points for:
- Blockchain/DLT project implementation experience – ideally Ethereum based.
- Having worked in various software development methodologies, understanding their tradeoffs
- Having worked in a startup as well as in a big corporate environment
- Having worked with a global team.
- Technology industry experience (Tech Startups/Fintech products/Google/Microsoft/Cloudera/MongoDB etc.).
- Experience acting as the interface between technical development teams and client business leads, including proposal writing, functional requirements gathering, user stories, and presentation to senior client stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills with record of developing strong client partnerships
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics
- Self-starter, you run quickly with little supervision and operate with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering