EDSS Sanitation Solutions is looking for Sanitation Workers to join our team of cleaning and sanitation experts to help service our customers’ food manufacturing facilities in Vaughan (Highway 7 and Keel area).
As a sanitation worker you would be required to rinse, soap, and sanitize machinery, equipment, tools, walls, and floors using high-pressure water, anti-bacterial soaps, and antimicrobial sanitizers. Sanitation workers are a key member of our customers’ food safety protocols and the overall success of our customers’ food manufacturing process. The successful candidate will be able to perform their tasks quickly and efficiently during relatively short time periods between the plant’s normal production shifts.
- Work night shift.
- Able to work in wet environments (Personal Protective Equipment will be provided) that are often humid and can be subject to extreme temperature changes, depending on the area being cleaned in the facility.
- Able to work safely with various cleaning and sanitation chemicals.
- Ensure facilities are washed and sanitized to EDSS standards and standards set by our customer.
- Ensure compliance with EDSS and our customers Safety Program, HAACP/Food Safety Protocols, as well as all other internal Quality and Food Safety Standards.
- Learn, understand, and follow all applicable rules and guidelines as set out by government agencies such as the CFIA.
- Team player. Be able to work well with others. Flexibility is a must as you need to be willing to perform various tasks as required by the Sanitation Crew Supervisor throughout the shift.
- Ability to work with and around large processing equipment.
- Frequently lift/move hoses, equipment, chemical containers weighing 20-80 lbs. throughout each and every work shift.
- Assist in transporting heavy equipment with forklifts (Only if licensed. Training will be provided) or other devices.
- Wear employer-specified protective gear including three pairs of gloves, face/eye shields, aprons, boots, etc. (some of which to be supplied by the employer).
- Perform varying tasks while standing, lifting, crouching, etc. during long periods of time.
- Experience in janitorial or sanitation a definite asset, but not required.
- Capable of safely lifting and carrying 20 – 80lb.
- Willing to learn
- Attention to detail
- Reliable and Dependable