REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSES – (CHILD AND FAMILY PROGRAM)
Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Health Care Professionals.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for over 90 years. With over 2,700 health care professionals serving clients in eight Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in the GTA, London, Ottawa and Durham. VHA’s client and family-centered, community based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking:
Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) for full-time/part-time positions in Scarborough, Toronto and York Region for the Child and Family Program (Day, afternoon and overnight Shifts)
- Nursing diploma or degree from a recognized college or university
- Current registration with the CNO and First Aid/CPR
- Membership with your professional association preferred(RPNAO)
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of the community
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client car
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car is required
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
Why Work at VHA?
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high quality care you can be proud of.
- A stimulating, client and family focused work environment.
- A variety of full-time and part time positions.
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning.
- Competitive compensation and paid orientation.
- Eligible staff are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package.
- Pension is available to eligible staff.
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers.
- We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment.