As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will perform day-to-day quality assurance activities such as inspections, internal audits, recommending corrective actions, research and reports all within a fast paced food manufacturing environment. Perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation and warehouse functions of the company including GMP, metal detection, label and coding verification, general hygiene and safety, as well as in process and finished product weights
- Document all QA activities accurately and timely
- Conduct verification of the proper functioning of testing equipment such as thermometers and scales
- Continuously assesses the results of inspection findings and react in a timely manner to communicate potential problems to Team leader and QA Team Leader
- Prepare reports/summaries and communicates results to QA Team Leader and others as necessary
- Implement Hold procedures for suspect product and or product evaluations and testing
- Collect and submits samples for laboratory analysis
- Assist with the development and delivery of Quality / Food Safety Training for manufacturing and support teams
- Assist with investigations, consumer/customer complaints
- Assist and provides support during third part audits
- Participate in plant trials and other related duties and responsibilities assigned
- 2+ years’ experience in a QA position, preferably for a food manufacturer.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP) programs, GMP programs and Quality Systems
- Experience with BRC an asset
We’re foodies and our passion is baked in…
• Customer and Product Centricity – You are always keeping our products front and center.
• Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability – You embrace speed, change and uncertainty.
• Team Work and Collaboration – You are a relationship builder.
• Passion for Excellence – You look for innovative solutions and challenges the status quo.
• Drives Execution – You are a risk taker!
What FGF Offers:
• Disruptive and a naan-traditional mindset
• An inclusive and dynamic culture
• Accelerated career progression
• Commitment to learning and development
• Opportunity to be impactful
• Competitive compensation
|Job Category||Full Time|