Saint Elizabeth is a national health care provider that has been opening the door to new possibilities and experiences for more than a century. Recognized as Canada’s largest social enterprise, we employ 8,000 people and visit 18,000 clients every day. Through the Saint Elizabeth Research Centre, Health Career Colleges, the Saint Elizabeth Foundation and our leadership in person and family centered care, we are helping to make the future of health care brighter and stronger. Saint Elizabeth Health Care was awarded the Canada Order of Excellence in 2015.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
• As a Personal Support Worker (PSW), you will assist clients in the activities of personal care, household management and generalized services as per the client care plan and in conjunction with Saint Elizabeth Health Care’s policies and procedures.
• Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development.
• Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan.
• Education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Program.
• Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program, Subsidized PSNO memberships.
• Current PSW Certificate.
• Availability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
• A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
• Updated Immunization records.
• Updated Vulnerable Sector Check & clear Criminal Record Check.
• A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
• Ability to work well within a changing environment.
• A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes.
• A current CPR certificate.
• Basic computer skills would be an asset.
• This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.