The Maintenance Shift Leader will report to the site maintenance Leader and will be responsible for providing direction and managing multiple shift mechanics within various GTA sites. Supporting the maintenance operations by providing technical expertise on all production equipment.
- Modify, repair, install, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot various types of machinery, equipment and facilities in the processing & packaging departments
- Be a “hands-on” leader and work very closely with all operations departments to provide immediate, timely support in order to ensure operational targets are met
- Diagnose mechanical problems, provide quick & innovative solutions for mechanical equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills in the principles of mechanics, fitting, basic welding, basic metal fabrication, troubleshooting, and analytical problem solving
- Complete maintenance related projects as required
- Ensure the Preventative and Predicative Maintenance programs are executed as scheduled
- Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections
- Be the main point of contact for Engineering support on your shift and recommend additional training for shift mechanics as needed
- Collaborate with Maintenance Coordinator to ensure supplies of required tools, parts and labor are available for timely repairs
- Minimum 4 years mechanical experience in a high-speed packaging and/or manufacturing environment (food industry is highly preferred)
- Millwright License preferred
- Previous leadership experience in managing a maintenance team in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and Lockout Procedures
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management software
- Good knowledge of preventative maintenance programs
- Strong communication skills required
- Experience with electrical systems
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle preferred (to travel between Toronto plant locations).
What FGF Offers:
• Disruptive and a naan-traditional mindset
• An inclusive and dynamic culture
• Accelerated career progression
• Commitment to learning and development
• Opportunity to be impactful
• Competitive compensation
We’re foodies and our passion is baked in…
• Customer and Product Centricity – You are always keeping our products front and center.
• Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability – You embrace speed, change and uncertainty.
• Team Work and Collaboration – You are a relationship builder.
• Passion for Excellence – You look for innovative solutions and challenges the status quo.
• Drives Execution – You are a risk taker!
|Job Category||Full Time|