The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing overall mechanical support to the production group in the areas of packaging as well as processing and facilities to ensure continuous operations.
- Modify, repair, install, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot various types of machinery, equipment and facilities in the processing & packaging departments
- Diagnose mechanical problems, provide quick & innovative solutions for mechanical equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills in the principles of mechanics, fitting, plumbing, basic welding, metal fabrication, machining, troubleshooting, an analytical problem solving
- Experience with drill press, grinder, saws, and all other machine shop tools
- Setup, takedown, and relocation of bakery and packaging equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections
- Provide solution to routine or unique equipment problems
- Promptly respond to equipment related issues with customer-oriented manner
- Millwright License or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years mechanical experience in a high-speed packaging and/or manufacturing environment (food industry is highly preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and Lockout Procedures
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management software
- Good knowledge of preventative maintenance programs
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with electrical systems
- Basic Electrical skills (Licensed Electrician an asset)
- Willingness to work continental shift work
We’re foodies and our passion is baked in…
• Customer and Product Centricity – You are always keeping our products front and center.
• Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability – You embrace speed, change and uncertainty.
• Team Work and Collaboration – You are a relationship builder.
• Passion for Excellence – You look for innovative solutions and challenges the status quo.
• Drives Execution – You are a risk taker!
What FGF Offers:
• Disruptive and a naan-traditional mindset
• An inclusive and dynamic culture
• Accelerated career progression
• Commitment to learning and development
• Opportunity to be impactful
• Competitive compensation
|Job Category||Full Time|