HIRING FOR FIELD TECHNICIAN
The Field Construction Materials Technician is responsible for testing of concrete and soil in the field and laboratory for air content, slump, temperature, casting of concrete cylinders, de-molding, and compression testing. You may also perform soil testing using a portable nuclear density gauge and/or hand auger device.
Work schedule may be variable including nights and weekends. This position will require extended periods away from office in accordance with project schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with safety rules, company policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws.
- Set up, conduct and analyze standard field and lab tests following prescribed procedures.
- Solve technical problems using application of standard techniques.
- Assist in documenting on-site test results; examine and analyze test results and explain unusual findings.
- Ensure that all testing equipment and tools are properly calibrated and maintained.
- Communicate with clients, other technicians and project managers on a professional level to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
This position does not supervise staff.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 year’s experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Certificate or degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CCIL Certification for Cat 0 is mandatory. Certification can be arranged for non-certified suitable applicants
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs weight occasionally.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of Nuclear Density Gauge Radiation Safety.
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record is required.
- Knowledge of Construction techniques, testing & construction management preferred.
- Ability to document completed jobs including notes on client contacts, action in the field, subsequent laboratory test with dates and times noted for review purposes.
- Ability to maintain a tactful attitude and maintain good relationships with project engineers, owners, and contractors.
- Ability to talk knowledgably to project engineers and/or contractors about the jobs as required regarding concerning work progress and necessary recommendations
- Ability to accurately and fluently convey thoughts orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel)
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the company at a broad range of events in the community, with customers and within the company.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, customer testing specifications, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, data and details furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion.
Candidate need to have their own vehicle and driver license.
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||Full Time|