Rouge Media is a leading North American media company connecting brands with millions of consumers
on their daily journey out-of-home. Offering the largest campus coverage in North America through the
Rouge Campus Network across 600+ colleges in the US and Canada, a Rouge Women’s Network reaching
W18-54 across 3000+ venues, a highly targeted Rouge Men’s network and a Canadian Resto-bar network,
Rouge Media provides high impact advertising solutions for brands to reach their consumers.
Field Operations Manager
Rouge Media Toronto, On
The Field Operations Manager manages the performance of the field installation and technical support
team in the planning and execution of media campaigns throughout Ontario by overseeing the
deployment of static and digital advertising across the Rouge networks. In addition to developing and
maintaining efficient administration, the manager will monitor and conduct quality reviews of third-
party partners to report on network planning and performance.
In this role, you will spend 50% of your time in the office and 50% in the field. This is a hand’s on role –
you will occasionally be required to perform installations or provide technical support.
Your day to day
• Day-to-day management and planning of the field operations team comprised of 3-4 employees,
including hiring, developing, coaching and retaining qualified staff. Lead by example through
appropriate hands-on participation and oversight of all field activities.
• Manage the process of installing, uninstalling and servicing/troubleshooting large advertising
banners and digital systems and screens in Rouge partner venues including universities, restaurant,
bars, beauty salons and spas.
• Manage Rouge digital units and oversee all technical support and diagnostic troubleshooting
including on-site reboots, repairing malfunctioning charging tips and conduct basic maintenance and
diagnostic troubleshooting for all assigned DOOH units and Rouge beacons. Educate and support
venues on unit maintenance and self-service
• Foster positive, productive and mutually beneficial relationships with our Women’s, Resto-Bar and
Campus venues across the region and be responsible to lead public relations with venues to build
productive and lasting relationships. Deescalate issues within the network where necessary.
• Ensure campaigns are delivered in an efficient and timely matter and all post campaign requirements
• Accurately update internal systems on the work performed by the tech team and generate regular
• Spot check venues and aid in the delivery of samples
• Manage the storage facility ensuring it is secure and organized
What you offer
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional degree with 3-5 years of relevant field
• 2-5 years of managerial experience with demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-team collaboration
• Strong computer skills and experience with hardware installations and wireless connectivity devices
• Experience with CRM software, mobile devices, hand-held apps and Alto is considered an asset
• Strong problem-solving skills and experience interacting with clients and stakeholders to deliver
outstanding customer service
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success in effectively setting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Must be capable of lifting 25 lbs
• Good driving record with a valid G Ontario driver’s licence and ability to drive a corporate vehicle as
• Occasional travel to additional Rouge markets will be required.