- 2700 Dufferin Street, North York
Pastry kitchen sous-chef required for a top Toronto area catering company on a contract basis. Sous-chef will work on Sunday to Thursday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- following recipes to prepare from scratch a large number of pastry items including: cakes, French pastries and individual desserts.
- supervising a small team of cooks.
- assisting pastry chef with ongoing production requirements as well as making on demand items.
- arranging prepared items on platters to fill customer orders.
An ideal candidate must:
- have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Pastry
- be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment producing high quality products.
- be detail oriented.
- be able to manage their own time as well as supervising others.
- perform kitchen duties in accordance with food safety and cleanliness guidelines.
- Be able to work comfortably and safely with knives and sharp tools.
This is a full-time contract position with immediate availability that will end in early February of 2020. An attractive compensation package and benefits are available for the suitable candidate.
Please attach your resume below in a Microsoft Word or PDF format. Title your resume with your first and last name. For example: RaviKumar