NOW HIRING FOR AN AREA SUPERVISOR
Reports To: Regional Manager
Department: Property Services
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
FirstService Residential is looking to provide a service focused individual an exciting opportunity as a Property Services Area Supervisor. We are looking for an experienced Area Supervisor to oversee a portfolio of Front Desk and Housekeeping associates. The Area Supervisor will focus on delivering the highest level of service through strong interpersonal skills and living the FirstService Residential values. The chosen individual will be able to work independently, without direct supervision and is continually driven to provide the best resident experience in the GTA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure operations at assigned properties are in line with the established Standard Operating Procedures
- Supervise and develop all associates to maintain a customer service focus
- Conduct and complete scheduled and un-announced Quality Assurance Inspections and site inspections as per the frequency and priority established by the Regional Manager on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Communicate necessary information throughout the department in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain recruitment activity to ensure appropriate staffing levels
- Utilize workforce management software for employee scheduling and payroll management
- Evaluate the performance of associates on a regular basis using the company standard supervisory visitation forms and documentation
- Utilize the orientation and onboarding process and checklist for all new associates
- Maintain training records
- Conduct field training where required
- Address issues of poor performance, misconduct, or policy violations and implement progressive discipline process as needed
- Submit weekly field activity reports
- Ensure all associates adhere to uniform and grooming standards
- Work billable and non-billable shifts when required
- Consistently represent oneself and the organization in a professional manner
- Uphold the FirstService Residential Mission and Values
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Front Desk and Housekeeping associates
Education & Experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in personnel recruitment, selection, training and supervision
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Proven experience in personnel recruitment, selection, training and supervision
- Proven capability in delivering Training and Health and Safety programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Two (2) to three (3) years of business experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Is committed to continual learning as evidenced by the attendance of educational opportunities that enhance interpersonal skills.
- Display strong written skills and publish appropriate documentation as directed to create the legacy for the corporation; particularly in the area of front desk, security, and relationship management.
- Effectively communicate so as to instill confidence in all associate.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Must be goal minded and possess a self-starting drive to get the job done.
- Ability to listen to others, collaborate, and resolve conflict.
- Protects the confidential nature of the work as appropriate.
- Demonstrates excellent client interaction and visibility.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational and time management abilities with the ability to implement and monitor progress for successful completion; working well under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent problem solver; demonstrates ability to use creative alternatives.
- Works effectively with coworkers, clients, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
- Strong ethical practices.
Tools & Equipment Used
- Basic Hand tools
- Other tools as required
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule will be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays off, Thursday 10am-6pm, Friday 7am to 7pm, Saturday 7am to7pm, Sunday 7am to 7pm (44hrs weekly). Daily hours can vary due to operational needs and emergencies.
- Must be able to work afternoons, evenings and weekend shifts and be flexible with work hours due to operational needs and emergencies.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our associates in order to resolve issues and manage the business.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the building in order to make copies, send mail and faxes and to patrol the premise. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas, and may include periodic visits to our site offices.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates.
- Must be able to sit for certain periods of time.
Travel between various sites will be required. A vehicle or a car allowance will be provided. Benefits will be provided as will a cell phone premium or company cell phone.
Title your resume with your first and last name. For example: RaviKumar
|Job Category||Full Time|