COMPANY: Skills for Change
DEPARTMENT: Employment Ontario Office
PROGRAM: Employment Ontario Program
LOCATION: 10 Gateway Boulevard, North York, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Manager Programs and Services
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 15.00
START DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
With 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province-wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, mental health and wellness, language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
Administrative Assistant is reporting to the Supervisor, Employment Services, the Community Worker will support the Employment Ontario Office, Employment Services.
This is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program,
• Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Assist the staff with scheduling clients for intakes and preparing forms and documents as required
- Assist the staff with online classroom/workshop attendance and co-facilitating workshops if needed
- Responding to calls in a professional manner and provides technical support to clients if needed
- Ensures client confidentiality is maintained and get and updates client records in databases
- Records team meeting minutes, writing meeting minutes and
- Support staff with follow up calls and data entry
- Provide administration support to program as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Eager to work with newcomers and equity seeking communities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic employment setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Ethical, positive work attitude
- Punctual, reliable
- Ability to speak a language other than English and French is an asset
- Strong grasp of working online, Gmail, Google docs, Excel, etc.
- Accurate, detail oriented.
- College diploma in Social Service Worker or a related field
- And/or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- And/or relevant direct experience working with newcomers, equity seeking communities
- Ability to secure a police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.