The Health Informatics Bridging Program is a full-time eight-week program that allows participants the opportunity to develop real-world experience with practical hands-on labs led by leading instructors. Participants with an interest in the integration of information technologies in the healthcare delivery sector stand to greatly benefit from this program.
Why Health Informatics?
As an emerging and growing discipline, the need for health informatics professionals is related to the increased use of electronic medical records and other health information technologies, coupled with the demand for individuals to be trained to respond to the needs of the healthcare system. Health Informatics provides the bridge between healthcare and information technology by making use of healthcare data to improve patient care and outcomes.
Why Join Our Program?
The Health Informatics Bridging Program provides an opportunity for internationally trained healthcare and IT professionals to come together to learn and develop the skills they require for a rewarding career in the Health Informatics field. The program is delivered as a small group model allowing participants to stay connected to the healthcare and IT sectors while exploring different career opportunities in Health Informatics. The program is tailored to participant needs and is designed to develop their career path and provide a seamless transition between careers.
The Health Informatics Bridging Program is free of charge.
- Full-time eight-week program;
- Fundamentals of Health Informatics domains delivered by George Brown College;
- Effective job search strategies and career pathway development: resume development, market research techniques, LinkedIn profile, networking and interview skills, delivered by Skills for Change
- Guest speaking panels led by industry and academic professionals;
- Connections with Health Informatics employers;
- Referrals to the Mentoring Partnership.
- Acquire the information necessary to transfer current skills set to a new environment;
- Learn occupation-specific terminologies;
- Introduction to Canadian business culture;
- Develop soft skills needed in the health informatics sector;
- Learn about health informatics subdomains and their requirements;
- Get familiar with organizations and companies which are professionally active in the HI sector,
- Job search supports and preparation;
- Job fair events and Networking opportunities with employers of prestigious organizations in the HI sector;
- Employment training in the health informatics field;
- Orientation towards secondary HI education opportunities;
- Support by professional mentors working in the HI domain;
- One-on-one support from program specialists knowledgeable about health informatics industry.
- English proficiency (CLB 7+ or IELTS 6+)
- Relevant background:
- Post-secondary degree in healthcare or IT field
- Work experience in healthcare or IT field outside of Canada (3+ years)
- Immigration status:
- Permanent Resident
- Conventional Refugee
- Dedicated training lab;
- One-on-one support with a career specialist;
- Career search reference;
- Hidden job market employment leads;
- Internet access for job search and applications;
- Access to a quiet space for individual work;
- Job search materials: daily newspapers, access to telephone and fax machine.
Health Informatics Testimonials
To learn more about the Health Informatics Bridging Program, please contact our program specialists:
Call: 416-658-3101, ext 219/212