Date(s) - 12/06/2019
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Are you interested in the Skilled Trades, Working outdoors with Plants & People? Find out about a career as a Horticulture Technician
About this Event
NEW training program in Horticulture Technician Pre-Apprenticeship for applicants who identify as women. The program is in partnership with Humber College and Landscape Ontario.
This program prepares women who have a keen interest in the Skilled Trades for employment in the landscape sector.
Typical jobs in this sector include landscape construction, grounds and golf course maintenance, parks operations and gardens care.
The program is full-time, offers intensive training for 37-weeks; include academic, hands-on training and a paid job placement.
- Applicants who identify as women
- 18 years of age or older
- Live in Toronto, or GTA and are eligible to work in Ontario
- Secondary School (Grade 12) diploma, or equivalent
- Commitment to a full-time training program
Goal of registration as a Horticultural Technician Apprentice or registration in a related trade (such as an Arborist)
- ·Academic Upgrading
- Free Tuition
- Qualified Industry Instructors
- Level 1 Apprenticeship training for the trade of Horticulture Technician in Ontario
- Health and Safety training: including WHMIS, worker safety and First Aid
- Introduction to Arborist Trade
- Employment preparation training
- 8 weeks paid work placement in the landscape industry
- Women-only learning environment
- Individual counseling and support services
Employment Ontario West | Stockyards Location
30 Weston Road, Unit A309 – Upper Level
Toronto, Ontario M6N 0A7