DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Manager, Partnerships Development, Program Design, & Employer Engagement
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (Union)
HOURS: 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 18.00
START DATE: September 8, 2020
END DATE: November 9, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 1, 2020
With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The support and needs of newcomers is constantly changing. Skills for Change is seeking Employer Engagement and Program Marketing Assistant who will be responsible for assisting with communications, administrative, and program support for Employer Engagement and Marketing. Reporting to the Supervisor of Employer Engagement and Marketing, the incumbent will support the organization’s digital marketing and communications as well as employer engagement related projects. The successful candidate will experience a fast-paced learning environment and will work closely with the Supervisor of Employer Engagement and Marketing to develop a wide range of creative communications materials and will assist in different projects to engage employers and community partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop marketing communication pieces for programs and events, including graphics, website pages, email blasts, promotional materials and event concepts
- Design promotional materials including program brochures, advertisements, etc.
- Help organize logistics pertaining to various events, including workshops, seminars, trade shows, job fairs and others
- Support online and digital media activities and plans, and report on analytics as needed
- Support the development of marketing for events, and provide on-site support on day of events
- Track event registration and respond to event inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Update and maintain database records
- Assist in relationship building with SMEs and community partners and assist in communication with stakeholders
- Help prospect and identify new partners and assist in development and tracking of information related to employer engagement efforts
- Provide general administrative support and contribute to projects as assigned by Manager
ASSETS BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and experience with email marketing service such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, as well as other digital tools like Eventbrite, Salesforce and Hootsuite
- Knowledge in social analytics tools, online marketing channels and data-driven experience
SKILLS, EDUCATION & ATTRIBUTES:
- Post-secondary education advertising, in communications, digital media, online social community engagement is required
- Proven experience in marketing, event administration and/or support functions
- 5+ years experience in Marketing, Graphic Design and 3+ years using Adobe Creative Suites and InDesign software required
- 2-3 years of experience developing, updating and maintaining WordPress website and web editing experience is required
- 2-3 experience in digital media management (social media platforms, google analytics), SEO, and Facebook advertising platform is required
- The ability to write clearly and concisely, and a commitment to accuracy and detailed oriented quality work
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written with proven experience in writing, with the ability and experience writing for website and blogs as well as copywriting for advertisement
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands, and must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team and perform tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to adhere to project deadlines, prioritizing tasks accordingly
- Sound judgment and professionalism in all engagements
- Creative approach to marketing and proactive approach to solving problems and finding solutions
- A commitment to Skills for Change’s work and mission of helping immigrants and refugees and interest in immigrant issues and services.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.