- This event has passed.
Customer Service Hospitality Workshop Session (East) 4 Days
October 29 @ 9:30 am - November 1 @ 4:00 pm
A Free 4-Day workshop
Join us for a 4-day free training session which will include a Cash Register Hands-on Training
Monday, October 29 from 9:30 am to 12.30 pm
Tuesday , October 30 from 9:30 am to 12.30 pm
Wednesday , October 31 from 1:30 pm to 04.00 pm
Thursday , November 1 from 1:30 pm to 04.00 pm
A Certification of Completion will be provided at the end of the program and there will be 2- 4 weeks optional unpaid placement for those who interested in seeking immediate employment in the Retail Industry or related jobs.
Financial Incentive will be provided those who secure employment after going through the program.
Preparing to work in Customer Service
1. Orientation to the program, expectations, responsibilities
2. Getting to know each other (DISCUSSION)
3. What makes for good customer service? What can make Customer Service BAD? (DISCUSSION)
4. Dealing with Expectations:
• What are the expectations of the employer? DISCUSSION. Some points will be around Punctuality, Accountability, Team Work, Honesty, Initiative, Dress-code etc
• The customer? DISCUSSION – some points will be: Politeness, helpfulness, good listening skills, knowledgeable, initiative, etc
5. Introduce Job Search Strategies and the art of selling yourself
• How to communicate effectively with both co-workers and customers
• Active Listening
• Asking questions
• Writing reports
• Accountability in our communications
Cross Cultural Communication
• Learn how our own personal backgrounds, culture and expectations can lead to miscommunications and how to avoid them through greater self-awareness
• Highlighting our strengths
• Presenting yourself as a solution to an employer’s problem
1. Conflict Resolution
• Learn about common causes and ways to resolve conflicts in the work place with:
• Co-workers/ Managers
2. Time Management and asking for help
3. Cash register training and the art of giving change
4. Interview Strategies
1. Mock Interview common questions
To register for the event, please RSVP on the Eventbrite link below.
To register for our services please contact us at 416-645-2489.