DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair West, Toronto, Ontario M6C 1B7
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (Union)
HOURS: 22 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
PAY RATE: $19.60 per hour
START DATE: Immediately
END DATE: April 30, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
With 39 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The support and needs of newcomers is constantly changing. Skills for Change is seeking an Event Specialist & Client Relations who will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day execution of employment-related digital marketing within the events portfolio, assisting with digital communications, website design and development, market research and general program support for the Program Marketing and Employer Engagement team.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of job and career fairs, information sessions, employer information sessions, tables, and panels, and networking events and other events geared towards connecting clients from SfC employment programs with potential employers;
- Handle administrative task or employer incentive payments, COJG, and other incentive documentation;
- Communicate with employers and assist with the marketing and promotion of employer events;
- Assist in the development, design and formatting of marketing, promotional and publicity materials for marketing of events and job ready clients to potential employers;
- Liaise with the employment services team in all employment related programs to identify job ready clients and mark them to potential employers;
- Assist with the research of prospective employers for Employer Engagement initiatives;
- Communicate with employers and other external stakeholders via email (under the direction of the Supervisor) to ensure employer talent engagement, retention and logistical needs are adequately met;
- Assist with the execution of marketing and promotional plans for all agency and employer related events;
- Ensure that documentation relating to events is maintained in an orderly and efficient manner;
- Attend regular meetings with other members of the Employer Engagement team;
- Assists with the department folder on SfC’s website;
- Monitors email accounts and calendars to ensure efficient recruiting activities at SfC’s various employment program locations;
- Assists in monitoring and tracking hires, surveying employers and reporting recruiting activity data;
- Assist with the facilitation of assessment methods for events and activities where and when appropriate;
- Initiate contact, engage and network with employers to identify work opportunities for SfC clients;
- Represent SfC at networking and training events and when attending conferences relevant to the requirements of the role;
- Provide information on employer-related services offered SfC to employers and external stakeholders;
- Ensure that all documentation is complete and uploaded onto Google Drive, Salesforce, CaMs or other database and software tools;
- Attend all mandatory training;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Secondary school graduate, plus completion of an administrative assistant training program would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in administrative or customer service experience would be an asset.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of issues and barriers to employment faced by immigrants, persons with disabilities, youth, and other disadvantaged groups.
- Initiative, energy and persistence to complete tasks as well as excellent time management and teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Excellent teamwork and positive attitude towards change.
NB: The candidate must be a beneficiary of Ontario Works
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.