PROGRAM: Newcomer Entrepreneurship Hub
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West Toronto
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Programs and Services
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 14.00
START DATE: July 6, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 30, 2020
With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Programs and Services, the Employment Outreach Program Co-ordinator will assist project staff in the implementation of the Newcomer Entrepreneurship Hub (NEH). This staff will provide administrative support, assist with the management of the eHub co-working space, attend public events to promote NEH, and provide information and referrals to participants. In addition, event planning, outreach, data management, research and other tasks will be required.
- Support project development and maintenance;
- Outreach and project promotion;
- Workshop topic, content and activity development;
- Support networking, social mentoring;
- Represent the agency at events, information booths and community events;
- Provide excellent customer service and represent the agency in a positive light to community members and partners;
- Event planning, coordination and implementation;
- Support administrative needs (e.g. answering phones, responding to community inquiries, filing, photocopying etc.);
- Other tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Eager to work with newcomers and equity seeking communities;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic employment setting;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ethical, positive work attitude;
- Punctual, reliable;
- Ability to speak a language other than English and French is an asset;
- Strong grasp of working online, Gmail, Google docs, Excel, Prezi, Zoom, Slack etc.
- Accurate, detail oriented.
- College diploma in Social Service Worker or a related field;
- And/or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution;
- And/or relevant direct experience working with newcomers, equity seeking communities;
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- International students are not eligible;
- Ability to secure a police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.