DEPARTMENT: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employer Engagement & Partnerships, and Program Marketing
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (Union)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday)
START DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
Trade Pre-Apprenticeship programs support clients in their path to skills training and employment in the skill trades sector through different pre-apprenticeship Training Programs in partnership with Mohawk College. This program assists unemployed and low-income clients with an opportunity to pursue a new career in the Skilled Trades sector by providing information and referrals, skills assessments, career action plans, individual/group employment counseling, workshops related to workplace inclusion, job search, and retention, and placement and employment supports.
The Employer Retention Specialist will establish meaningful and sustainable relationships with existing and new employers, corporations and cross-sector leaders who can provide our clients with opportunities to build their skills and create opportunities for long-term retention and opportunities for growth. The Employer Retention Specialist will focus on developing a process to provide training and guidance to employers and their human resource units on talent and career management of newcomers, credential assessments and specific needs of clients experiencing multiple barriers including financial barriers. The Specialist will play a key role in growing Skills for Change’s employer base by focusing on acquisition and retention.
The Ideal candidate:
- Has an understanding of and sensitivity to barriers experienced by newcomers, refugees, immigrants and marginalized groups.
- Has strong presentation, verbal, visual and written communication skills with Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated excellent relationship management, stakeholder engagement & customer service skills.
- Has working knowledge of Salesforce, EOIS-CAMS and is adept with virtual communication software and tools (Zoom, Google Meets etc)
- Possess exceptional strategic and critical thinking, analytical skills and conflict resolutions skills.
- Is a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment with the ability to take initiative and function independently.
- Possess recruitment and/or talent management experience.
- Knowledge of Skilled trades is considered an asset.
- Has superb organization skills, can manage projects and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, evenings, and weekends on occasion, and move between our various locations as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and execution of an employer retention strategy and activities to support employers’ preparedness for hiring pre-apprentices and apprentices.
- Aid the development of coaching techniques on strategies to create opportunities for newcomer employment and employment for equity-seeking groups to roll out to employers and their HR units.
- Assist with the development of a process to engage employers on the unique skills of clients and identifying specific needs of the role. Work with employers on the interview process and to develop training plans to support client success.
- Create a process to track the clients’ employment and ongoing employer needs.
- Develop new job opportunities and postings with existing employers, aligning with our strategic targets and increasing diversity of programs from which employers hire
- Track employer recruitment activities and develop cross-selling tactics.
- Collaborate on the creation of strategies to engage new employers
- Provide presentations on Skills for Change’s services to grow employer services.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop employment objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise for an online employer portal, focused on employer supports to hire and retain clients.
- Contribute to the online marketing of new and existing employer services.
- Design and deliver engaging and innovative events and workshops for potential employers.
- Attend relevant community meetings; participate in relevant councils, roundtables and committees
- Measure and report on the performance of all outreach, marketing and assess impact
- Actively contribute to business planning and performance monitoring to support agreement and delivery of program/agency targets
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with different functional groups
- Maintain employer files, update employer information on Funders’ and Agency required databases (EOIS-CAMS and Salesforce)
- Participate in the evaluation of the program’s effectiveness and present solutions to enhance service effectiveness on an ongoing basis and as part of the larger agency service system
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and all other board and committee meetings as required
- Handle all other duties as assigned by Management
SKILLS, EDUCATION & ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing, stakeholder management, public relations or communications.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in non-profit program marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in sales or account management.
- Clear vulnerable sector check.
- Position requires travel, a car would be an asset.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:email@example.com
As part of our commitment to diverse & inclusion racial justice and reconciliation, Skills for Change encourages applications from those who identify as Black, Indigenous, people of color, and other underrepresented communities. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.