COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
JOB GROUP: Management (Non-Unionized)
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
START DATE: June 7, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 24, 2021
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs
including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
We are seeking a Director, Programs Delivery & Impact Measurement. The Director leads the delivery, measurement, and development of high quality, innovative programs that deliver immediate and lasting change for Immigrants and Refugees based on data and experience gathered from the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning of those programs. The position ensures that programmes are designed in accordance with SfC strategy and the values shared between SFC, Funders and partners. The position is also responsible for ensuring the quality of programmes and providing capacity building in various program areas.
The Director will be responsible for measuring and evaluating organizational data, and our programs. The Director will be tasked with developing systems and metrics to accomplish this work, ensuring that metrics are embedded into decision making around evaluating effectiveness of existing and new programs, and returns on investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for a data-driven storyteller to build an impact program from the ground up, to tell the story of how Skills for Change has changed the lives of Immigrants and Refugees, to advise how to use this intel to create further impact going forward. Our ideal candidate is a creative and critical thinker who approaches monitoring and evaluation with a strategic lens and is able to process diverse sources of information. The Director will lead the development, management and communication for project planning and implementation.
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all activities of the programs under leadership
- Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and review of strategy and strategic vision for the organization.
- Lead role in developing program strategies and annual plans ensuring coordination of all technical input to SfC strategy, proposals and reports
- Lead on needs assessments, programme analysis to support annual strategy review and planning process
- Responsible that programme quality meets at least minimum standards across SfC
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning in developing a research programme by defining research topics and providing technical oversight to projects
- Assures programs are based on data and experience gathered from high quality Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning through partners
- Analyze trends in programs, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to the CEO.
- Implement, manage, supervise and evaluate all activities related to programs.
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of volunteers to support the program.
- Design, manage, and execute an overall strategy for the collection and analysis of impact data, both quantitative and qualitative, from different parts of the organization and from different data sources.
- Create measurement frameworks that can be used for impact evaluation of our programs, services and activities.
- Leverage internal and external research & analysis to identify areas of opportunity and growth in programming development and delivery.
- Work with teams throughout the organization to help define and embed creative methods and tools for impact measurement into programs and activities.
- Analyze, synthesize, and produce key insights and reporting that can inform multiple audiences across the organization—from key leadership and staff to our wide network of supporters.
- Build a data rich culture across teams; influence key leadership and staff understanding of the importance of evidence-based decision making and of integrating measurement and evaluation into their activities.
- Develop dashboard(s) and data visualizations for key users to better explore, analyze, and visualize their data to help understand, communicate, and improve outcomes.
- Help the organization integrate goal setting and related data analysis into the annual planning process.
- Develop and deliver staff trainings on how to collect and use data including use of dashboards and data visualizations to improve outcomes.
- Bring to light our successes, challenges and goals, distilling complex data into compelling and actionable insights.
- Support the CEO, program/project leaders with program planning, budgeting, coordination and completion of financial and administrative management tasks of program/projects, including pro-actively establishing deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress, informing team members and analyze budgets, as well as summarizing progress to leadership.
- Lead the management and supervision of work plan implementation and operations, including performance measurement process (i.e., monitoring, reporting, evaluations and capturing of lessons) that measure and evaluate progress against goals and results.
- Direct the process of project concept and proposal development and implementation, including direct contribution to proposal preparation and identification of funding opportunities.
- Direct the capturing and documentation of lessons and experiences from the focal and scaling countries through engagement with research leaders.
- Provide oversight of program business planning, budgeting process, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Manage and supervise Finance staff as a team and foster professional development of staff.
- Assist the CEO in the development, implementation and regular review of strategies.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in business and Administration with at least 10 years’ related work experience, 3-5 of which should be in program delivery, program design and project management and leadership role in a nonprofit organization.
- A clear vulnerable sector check.
- Understanding of social programs development and delivery such as labour market information, workforce development, employment, settlement services, womens, youth or seniors programs
- Excellent track record of providing organizational and leadership support to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of programs and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills with staff, stakeholders and partners with motivation for high quality service delivery.
- Ability to think clearly and analytically, setting priority, solving problems and making timely and appropriate decisions.
- Strong management capabilities with excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Strong understanding of systems used by donors and funders institutional systems.
- Strong understanding of systems used to track performance.
- Strong background in development and resource mobilizations skills.
- Demonstrated record of working in interdisciplinary teams, partnership building and the desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Program Leadership and Management: This individual will have taken a hands-on approach in leading a variety of initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a track record of effectively.
- Leading a performance-based and outcome-based program and staff. S/he will have developed and operationalized strategies that have taken a program or organization to the next stage of growth.
- Team Building and Development: The successful candidate has recruited, managed, and developed a strong team of staff, program/project managers, and program development professionals. This individual will serve as a “player/coach” to motivate and mentor his/her team.
- Exceptional Communication and Influencing Skills: As a voice/advocate of SfC, the Director will have strong written and verbal communication skills. S/he will be a persuasive, credible, and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills. This individual must work collaboratively with internal as well as external partners and other organizations, providing exposure for program impact in a variety of media outlets. Ideally, this person will have served as an effective spokesperson.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.