JOB CLASSIFICATION: Database Analyst (Canada Summer Jobs)
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Events & Communications
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West, Toronto ON
REPORTS TO: Manager, Event Strategy and Communications
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 15.50
START DATE: May 22, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 10, 2023
With over 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, mental health and wellness, language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
Skills for Change is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Database Analyst to join our team for a 8-week period starting on May 22nd, 2023. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Events & Communications Manager and will be responsible for managing and analyzing our organization’s database, ensuring data accuracy and completeness, and providing data-driven insights to support decision-making.
- Provide additional support for donor relations, assisting with fundraising campaigns/events (Pioneers for Change), updating donor lists on constant contact/salesforce.
- Develop communications for donors and fundraising events, including working with the Marketing team on social media engagement;
- Track and analyze marketing metrics for events;
- Assist in executing large-scale fundraising events including signature events such as Pioneers For Change gala;
- Collaborate cross-functionally on content development, marketing tactics, online and in-person event experiences, and sponsorship plans for all events;
- Ensure a superior event experience for donors and key stakeholders;
- Assist with fundraising strategy and support our Changemaker Circle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage and organize large amounts of data;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in database management and maintenance, with the ability to ensure data accuracy, completeness, and security;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking direction from management and contributing ideas and solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion;
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Completed or in pursuit of post-secondary education in journalism, communications or relevant subject area and experience, as well as highly developed communication skills, drafting skills and familiarity with a range of media tools.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.