Are you a mid-career professional? Do you want to start your career in Data Analytics?
This 8-week program will provide learners with the necessary theory and hands-on skills of identification of the business problem to be addressed, source data, analyze data, and interpret and visually represent the results. Instruction in R and Python programming will be provided, and participants will be able to upload a dataset, clean the data and present the output.
Key topics will include:
- Introduction to Business Data Analytics
- Statistics for Analytics
- Programming for Analytics
- Data Management, Manipulation, and Big Data
- Storytelling and Data Visualization
- Ethical Considerations in Data Analytics
- Week 1: Introduction to Business Data Analytics
- Week 2: Introduction to Tools and Programming for Analytics
- Week 3: Introduction to Statistics
- Week 4: Advanced R and Python Programming
- Week 5: Advanced R and Python Programming
- Week 6: Storytelling using Data (Data Visualization)
- Week 7: Ethics and Values in Data Science
- Week 8: Capstone Project
- Week 1: How to identify the business problem, source data, analyze and interpret the results
- Week 2: How upload a dataset, clean the data and present the output
- Week 3: Statistics and statistical methods and how to calculate the output and demonstrate the results
- Week 4: Advanced analytics functions with programing and advanced data calculations
- Week 5: Basics of storytelling using data visualization tools
- Week 6: Hands on with analytics tools – MS Excel, SPSS, R, or Python programming
- Week 7: Project Work
- Week 1: R Programming
- Week 2: Python Programming
- Week 3: Tableau Desktop
- Week 4: Tableau Prep Builder
- Week 5: SPSS
- Week 6: MS Excel
- Learn methodologies, processes, applied skills, and technologies related to data
- Gain hands-on skills in data analytics and a competitive edge.
- Gain certification in data analytics accredited with a professional organization.
- Find meaningful job in accordance with their skill levels.
In addition, there will be:
- Employment counselling, career coaching and mentorship support.
- Opportunities to participate in different employer-led workshops and networking
events, as well as job-retention and career advancement coaching.
- Mid-career professional individuals who are interested in developing a career in the data analytics field
- Citizens, Permanent residents, Convention Refugees
- Minimum work experience of 1 year
- English language proficiency: CLB 5 higher or IELTS 5 and higher
The next cohort is scheduled for July 19, 2021.
Please contact email@example.com to confirm your eligibility and registration for the program.