PROGRAM: Project Management Office
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West Toronto, with satellite location (Jane-Finch)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Programs and Services
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 14.00
START DATE: June 29, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 12, 2020
With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
The Community Service Worker will work under the supervision of the Supervisor, Programs and Services and will provide administrative, research, and operational support regarding the planning, research, and implementation of programs serving Jane-Finch youth and senior clients. The primary responsibilities of the Community Service Worker are to support all tasks related to the execution, planning, research and orientation of programs that serve the community.
- Support Supervisor, Programs and Services in all organizational and administrative matters related to the day-to-day project supervision, including activity planning, execution, detailed costing and budgeting, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and closure.
- Support Supervisor, Programs and Services in the development and update of weekly and monthly Project Status Reports (PSR), describing, delivered and upcoming project activities, progress towards targets, issues, risks, and mitigation measures.
- Support with research and analysis of data (e.g., thematic analysis, qualitative coding), and reporting.
- Coordinate regular collective impact meetings with coach, community partners, youths, and other stakeholders.
- Convene and lead youth-led interventions, activities, research, and meetings with other youth leaders in Jane-Finch community.
- Respond to general client inquires, including telephone, email and walk-ins with tact and diplomacy.
- Support the writing of grant, proposals, detailed budgets and develop lists of potential sponsors and partners to support project delivery and sustainability.
- Other tasks as required.
- College Diploma, Post-Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in social science, humanities, international development or communications.
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- International students are not eligible.
- Familiarity with Jane-Finch community and current issues pertaining to racialized youths in the community
- Ability to write clear, precise and compelling documents (supply writing sample)
- Knowledge of Collective Impact methodology and budget design a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, data synthetization capabilities and attention to details.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal communication skills required; ability to work well in a team setting; demonstrated teamwork experience.
- Ability to secure a police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.