PROGRAM: Employer Engagement
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 791 St. Clair Ave West
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Programs & Strategic Initiatives
CONTRACT TYPE: Contract (8 weeks)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
RATE: $ 18.00
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 14, 2020
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
The Community Service Worker will work under the supervision of the Associate Director, Programs & Strategic Initiatives. The incumbent will assist with executing outreach including Skills for Change’s news portal communication tasks, support strategic initiatives, and research assistance. This position requires a high degree of innovation, creativity, critical thinking, initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an understanding of the role that communication and research play in building partnerships, leveraging resources and informing media and policy discourse.
- Support all organizational and administrative matters related to showcasing Skills for Change’s impact and program delivery.
- Support development of targeted outreach products and briefs to engage a wider range of stakeholders.
- Support with research and analysis of data and tracking and reporting Organization and program related results and impact.
- Continuously track policy developments and media coverage of immigration and related work/labour market developments and trends to aid outreach strategy; identify opportunities to inform policy conversations and public dialogue and support the growth and leadership of Skills for Change as an advocacy group on issues affecting immigrants, newcomers and refugees.
- Contribute to organizing events and producing digital content and materials including relevant outreach products (brochures, animations, flyers).
- Support the promotion of Skills for Change’s added value in priority thematic areas and sectors for newcomers, immigrants and refugees, linking up to analysis from expert organizations among others. This includes profiling Skills for Change’s support on thematic areas through the newsletter, website and social media highlights, joint policy briefs and platforms such as partner events among others.
- Support the writing of grant, proposals, detailed budgets and develop lists of potential sponsors and partners to support project delivery and sustainability.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and all other Board and Committee meetings as required.
- Other tasks as required.
- College Diploma, Post-Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or relevant subject area required.
- Applicants must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 30 upon commencement of employment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- International students are not eligible.
- Excellent organizational skills, data synthetization capabilities and attention to details.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal communication skills required; ability to work well in a team setting; demonstrated teamwork experience.
- Ability to secure a police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.