DEPARTMENT: Employment Ontario
COMPANY: Skills for Change
LOCATION: 10 Gateway Boulevard, North York, Ontario M3C 3A1
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Employment Services
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent (Union)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday)
RATE: $18.00 per hour
START DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 8, 2021
With 38 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training, together with specialized programs for trades, women, seniors and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
Skills for Change Employment Ontario (EO) offers a range of resources, supports and service components to respond to employment needs of individuals and the skilled labor needs of employers, and to help individuals on a path to higher skill training and employment. To provide a positive first impression to clients and visitors, conduct administration duties as well as providing quality customer service by assisting client with their registration, provide resource support and referrals where needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and welcome clients, visitors and guests at the reception desk in person and over the phone.
- Screen and direct calls to appropriate staff members and SfC departments; take messages and convey to the appropriate staff members, volunteers or placement students.
- Monitor EOIS-CaMS client referrals and the general site emails and respond to inquiries.
- Track our type of referrals from all new clients that contact us via emails and phone.
- Screen all the visitors to the agency at the front desk to ensure security at all times.
- Refer clients to appropriate internal/external programs and services after checking eligibility, initial language level and settlement/employment needs.
- Schedule appointments for new clients for registration and intake.
- Place reminder calls for clients registered for appointments and workshops; reschedule appointments when staff are absent.
- Assist clients with the online registration as well as encourage clients who may not be eligible for employment counselling services to participate in our workshops and to use the resource centre.
- Maintain the daily client sign-in sheets and track client flow.
- Conduct data entry of tombstone data of new clients to EO services into the EOIS-CaMS.
- Monitor agency program bulletin boards and keep them up-to-date.
- Create events/workshop registrations for all workshops through Eventbrite and send marketing notice of these new events including the Eventbrite links.
- Create the monthly event calendar for office.
- Update, print and maintain agency flyers and information at the front desk and resource centre.
- Research and update existing community resources on a regular basis.
- Assist clients in the resource centre with computer assistance and general inquiries.
- Support the coordination and logistics of planning and delivering onsite job fairs and other events.
- Participate in community outreach to promote SfC programs and services including attending various stakeholders networking sessions and special events.
- Create client files and assist with file management and maintenance to ensure quality control measures as well as data collection constancy and integrity, and security.
- Support the quality of our customer service by conducting follow-up calls with clients 3, 6, and/or 12 months after they completed our services for feedback and document results in EOIS-CaMS.
- Compile our customer service feedback from our individual and workshop clients and submit to the Site supervisor for analysis.
- Liaise with the technical staff for the maintenance of leased office equipment like fax machine, photocopiers etc.
- Monitor quantity of supplies and office equipment and complete purchase order to be approved by Site Supervisor.
- Assist in organizing special events at SfC like AGM’s, Conferences, media events, NPA, Alumni meetings, Celebrations, fundraising activities and Staff activities.
- Attend staff and team meetings as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the EO Management
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience required
- Experience operating telephone switchboard, multi-line phone system required
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in other languages would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and customer service skills
- Initiative, energy and persistence in completing assignments
- Positive attitude to change
- Touch typing, data entry, proficiency working in Windows and MS office applications required
- Problem solving skills and resourcefulness
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle many tasks at once
- Knowledge of and familiarity with community resources
- Sensitivity to, and understanding of, issues of concern to the immigrants and refugees, youth, persons with a disability
- 3 year community college diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred in administration, customer service, community work or related field.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community. Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.